Silent Auction / Parking Lot Sale at Dollhouses Trains and More (Marin CA) - July 27

Just saw this on Craigslist: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cbd/3942355308.html

It's funny -- this store is just a few blocks from my house, I'm in there all the time, but I might not have known about this event if not for the Craigslist ad! I haven't seen fliers or anything at the store. I wonder what they're auctioning off? They have tons of floor models, maybe looking to unload some of them.

If I get a chance to stop over there in the next week I'll ask for more details.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went to this today. There were maybe eight "vendors" set up in the parking lot -- people selling off their stash. There was a bit of half scale and a nice selection of HoM kits (nothing I needed). The houses in the silent auction were mostly built, unfinished shells, a lot of House That Jack Built. I didn't ask but I suspect the store is selling off their floor models since those kits are discontinued. If they do another of these I should probably look into getting a table, seeing as I live nearby and I have, um, a lot of stash I don't need. :ohmy:

I bought a funky little half scale shell, made of gatorboard, for $2(!!!). Absolutely didn't need it but I couldn't say no for the price. It'll make a nice little modern house, maybe Southwest/adobe style with Spanish barrel tiles on the roof. I posted some pics here.