Furry Houseguest Who May Have Come to Stay

woodland_miniatures

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Mary. You have had such a lot to cope with yourself over the last year or so. Baby girl is a real sweetie though and I'm so pleased she gets on well with Koko that makes it seem as if it was meant to be.

I have two neutered male litter brothers and recently a neighbour's cat (from some way down the street) has been visiting and eating their food, using their litter trays etc etc and they are like 2 divas, hissing and prissyfitting around as soon as they see her. She just whacks them on the head and carries on.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a bitter ending to a sad life: two daughters of four, both sons, one ex-wife and assorted husbands as well as a brother in-law, his wife and daughter showed up today and picked over my friend's household goods and hauled away what they wanted. And you know, not one of them expressed the least bit of interest in the one thing that really mattered to Doug: Baby Girl. My friend Doug didn't give a *&**%% about any of the things he'd bought with his North Dakota oil lease money or really, anything else. He adored this little cat, who BTW is doing very well indeed with me and Koko, and after watching the circus that went on today, I am so very, very glad that I could do this one thing for him, the one thing that truly mattered to him. Baby Girl is not only safe, well cared for and not ripped away from what has been home to her for a bunch of years, she is loved.

Just as my friend wished as his only, and last, request of me. My privilege and my honor to grant that last wish.