Hello from Texas!

June

Hello. My name is June. I'm new here. I've loved miniatures all of my life. I dreamed of having a dollhouse but always had to pretend with household things because money was always tight.

I bought a cute beat up dollhouse at a thrift store three months ago (the Arthur ) and worked on it, and decided i can do one. Five weeks ago I bought The orchid and fell in love. I bought it for 40% off at hobby lobby. Only a $18.00 investment for the kit. After buying all of the supplies recommended from various sites and close to $100.00 in, I was ready to go. Very nervous to start. I loved it. I finished it tonight! I am pleased with it but I am a novice and hope to reach a higher level with more projects. I have the little travel trailer on order to do and found the full duracraft Cambridge CA 750 kit for $40.00. I am excited and am hooked. My OCD is beginning. I think I should furnish and make the orchid a home before starting another. I love the sense of accomplishment with each stage. Work and kayak fishing and chores get in the way but I no longer have time for television because my work room calls for me. I hope to learn as much as I can from everyone's experiences and look forward to tips and great places to shop. best wishes and happy building. June

Welcome to the little family, June. We moved last year to another state so I no longer have anywhere to work on my dollhouses (I have a Pierce rehab started that stares reproachfully at me every time I go out in the garage; DH promised me a workshop and I'm trying to be patient...) but in addition to kayaking we ride bikes and hike, and there are ample opportunities for all those activities where we are now.

The Dura-Craft Cambridge was my second kit, and if I were ever to build another there are a lot of things I'd do differently (she says).

Thank you for welcoming me. I will definitely contact with many Cambridge questions Holly. Linda I love your quote after your name. Wish I would have truly embraced that as a much younger lady. I'll impart that little gem to my 20 year old and hope she gets it. I look forward to exploring this site. June