another one bites the dust

havanaholly

I missed the big going out of business sale at Miniatures From the Attic in Falls Church, VA :( <sob> but when we went into Clifton Forge (we're camped at Buckhorne Campground just outside of town) we spotted a very faded sign reading "antiques, dollhouses, miniatures" with a bright, shiny "For Sale" sign in the window and he was selling off the last of his stock because his wife is ill. He used to be a Greenleaf dealer and was very interested in hearing about the forum. I found a lot of goodies there, but I also found a roomboxful of 1:12 scale Blue Willow porcelain at the Crafts & Heritage Center.

Also we found a True Value hardware store and they carry the little sample paint jars similar to the Benjamin Moore samples for US$1 less.

The nearest Wally World is in Covington & had all their Janay dolls US$4.50 (not the Egyptian set, I should be so lucky!).

Hi Holly!

I was saddened by the news that Miniatures from the Attic was closing, but not surprised. Gary's wife died several years ago and the store was very much a joint effort of theirs. He'd been spending less and less time there. Too bad, he has a wealth of knowledge about minis and he is certainly a master builder. We'll miss seeing his smiling face.