I am getting a basement!!

jas

I really wanted to include a basement when I started designing the Tudor house. It took a lot of time, but it was fun to build. If you haven't seen it, you can see it here: http://www.greenleaf...ery&image=41882

I am just speechless at the beauty and quaity of your work. Yes, I will have a basement but nowwhere near the level of yours. You have talent and this is truly a work of art.

When DH and I went into HL he found some nice sheets of precut wood. I ended up getting enough to start my basement over to look cleaner and go the length of the house. See - have not even really started the basement and I am redoing it again!

My DH is taking measurements like crazy to the basement, he is being through and I am just like I want a rectangle this wide,this high and this long. He is clearly acting like the engineer he is and I am not. His dad is an engineer too so this should be interesting tomorrow.

Audra post pics when you get it going, will follow your progress along with mine.

I hardly post pics on here anymore but I do keep my blog updated. I am with you - I want things 'yay' big and do it. Measure once, cut twice. The sheets of wood are 12x24. We'll see. But now I can plan my windows. You just wont be able to see them from the outside...maybe...we'll see what my mind comes up with. Tossing a few ideas around now. I think you can put your email address in on my blog and follow that way. I believe it sends the post to your email.

sounds good I will try that with the e-mail. I have your blog on my favorites right now so that is another way I can watch your progress. Do you have to have a blog to follow them and get an alert? I don't have a blog that is why I am asking.

Are you for real? I know you are because I looked at the map. I really live in Melbourne but usually just say it is close to cocoa beach because that is the closest place people really know. It says it is Near Palm Bay, that is the next town over from me and I swear I have never heard of this place and I have lived here 36 years!! You learn something new everyday! Is the place very big? I know there are some cities or areas that have names no one ever uses and just say the bigger city name. But I have never heard of that lake either and it looks pretty big. I live off of Lake Washington Road and at the end is a big lake aptly named Lake Washington. Never heard of Lake Hellen Blazes.

Knowing that particular cousin he lives remote and probably moftly off-grid. They grew up in Deland, and I used to spend summers with my aunt & uncle as a child. Daddy used to take us fishing to really remote (back then) spots between Melbourne & Jensen's Beach; I remember more mornings than I care to walking through mangroves on sectioned palm logs to get to some cove or other along the Intracoastal just as the sun was coming up. The coast now looks nothing like it did then!

Yep is has to be remote. It does not take you long to hit remote areas here a few miles inland then is gets desolate till you get say 30 or so miles and then you start hitting small towns getting closer to Orlando. Especially on the main road that it shows it is near. Once you pass under interstate 95 heading west there is not much of anything till you hit Hollowpaw, which even by the name tells you it is tiny. One light and you missed it. That road used to be scary to travel until a few years ago they widened it. Nothing but swamps on both sides for miles. Now once you start getting closer to Orlando that road is main street in Kissimmee which is a big tourest trap and it leads right to the gates of Disney.

Ah, Jean, when my family used to take me from West Palm Beach to Deland to stay with my uncle Orlando was the ONLY small town we sent through that had more than a filling station, a bait shop, or both, and a few houses. All the citrus groves and cattle farms are gone. One summer when I was 9 we were on our way to Lake Wales to visit the Bok Toweer (major tourist attraction) and Daddy's car broke down in Yeehaw Junction (this was MANY years before the FL Turnpike); it took all day for the garage there to get parts, including a trip over to Stuart; and for frosting on the cake, I came down with rubella! That episode was perfect for three family stories, two of which I've now told and the third cannot be told on a family forum.

I have certainly heard of Yeehaw Junction! It is near Kissimmee/St. Cloud area. It was origionally named Jacka ss Junction. The name isn't that different now. And would love to hear story number 3!!!!

The only thing I will say about it in a public forum is that the motel we stayed in in Lake Wales in the early 1950s had paper-thin walls and "interesting" first-thing-in-the-morning conversations.