Questions about bashing an East Side Townhouse

Hi all!

It's been awhile side I've posted but I finally started my GL Westville project and I'm hooked. I'm planning on finishing it and donating to a slient auction for a children's heart surgery charity that my hubby is involved with. I've got a 40% off coupon and am thinking about the RGT East Side Townhouse. Because of space issues I need a front opening DH. I'm totally inspired by Angleaug's Beacon Hill 3 apartment project and want to try the same thing. Here's a few questions:

1. I'm planning on brick exterior. How should I handle the front seam issue with brick?

2. With a front seam, doesn't light "leak" throughout when on display? How can I deal with this?

3. In Angleaug's project the front door of floors 2 & 3 were "behind the view. With front opener, the entire apt is in view. I'm thinking false doors, one for front and one for bath on the back wall. Input?

Any photos and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Erika

• 2 weeks later...

If you're planning to join the three kits together, after the glue dries spackle a thin coat over the flat primer and smooth it into the "seams" and when it's good & dry, sand it smooth and attach your "bricks" to that.