Philadelphia Miniaturia

JaimieMarvon

It's not that far away from me and I was thinking about going. I've never been to a show, so I don't know what to expect. I'd love to meet up with others if they are planning on going and meet my Mini-Friends face to face!

My company has a "vacation housing"bonus of sorts. All employees are able to reimbursed for hotel (or other) up to $300. So it wouldn't cost me to stay over. I just have to take Friday off as PTO (paid time off). They do this to help ensure the employees get a rest time or vacation.

The biggest problem is that I do not know if we will be in the process of moving or if husband will have to work that weekend. But I deserve to go and have some time to myself, so I'm going!! I'll TELL hubby soon that he will be on his own t figure things out that weekend! LOL It will be an awakening for him. He's never spendt that much tiem alone with our son. I'm always there! :blink:

So what do you think?? Anyone want to meet up at the show?

Oh Jamie,

You'll have a Wonderful time! That's one show I'd love to go to but I'm clear out on the left coast (Calif) but what a great show to go to for your first time - Lots of great names will be there and you'll get to se So much Beautiful stuff! You'll have to let us know how it was when you get back. I hope some others can meet you there :blink:

-David

Oh, Jaimie, I wish I could meet up with you there -- it's a wonderful show each and every time!!! Unfortunately, can't make it to Philly this year. You absolutely deserve to go! Enjoy yourself and tell us EVERYTHING!!! And it does the DH some good to realize how much he needs you!!!! <My experience in leaving him alone is the house looks like bedlam when you return -- and he may have to survive on Pizza Hut & Chinese takeout but he'll manage :blink: >

I and my daughter are coming down with the group of our local club on Saturday the 4th from central NY. By all means go and enjoy yourself. It is a wonderful show and the new venue at the Hilton is really great. All of the folks I met were just outstanding and helpful. Last year was my "dream" trip. I had been saving my money for a couple of years and stayed for classes before and after. I went on Hotwire.com several months ahead and got hotel reservations just up the road from the hotel at half price which made it nearly affordable, but I was able to take classes from the folks I had been wanting to for five years. I also dropped a bundle for special items that I wanted for a couple of projects I had under way. It will be some time before I can afford to do that again. <Sigh!>

I went to the show and it was a wonderful! The artists work was outstanding and I really loved the miniature paintings. If you can go, by all means do so. The show really introduced me to a great variety of miniatures available since I do not have one miniature shop near my home.