Laurel Porch

feuz86

Ok I'm a little confused about the porch roof on my laurel. How do those tabs work? they seem to only be in the way. Also there seems to be a gap between the porch roof and the house walls. Is this supposed to be there or is the roof meant to be completely up against the walls? Are the shingles supposed to cover the gap?

The Laurel I rehabbed never had its porch parts, so I had to cobble one together:

gallery_8_1103_87952.jpg

I had to make a pattern for the roof parts, there are slots for the roof tabs between the top of the bay and doors and below the second floor windows that are not for the second floor. I hope this helps.

• 3 years later...

I noticed you posted your question back in 2012.  I'm assuming that you finished your porch and all went well. I just got the Laurel dollhouse any thing you could share would be greatly appreciated. This will only be my second house.

Tina, I had to rehab a Laurel that was falling apart (built with hot glue, including windows & doors) that never had its porch.  There re two sets of slots in the front and side walls; the upper slots are for the second floor's tabs and the lower slots are for the porch roof.  Dry fit as you go and when you are ready for the porch you will see how the roof parts fit.  When the tabs go into the slots the roof will slope at a downward angle to meet the top of the porch posts and rails; my version didn't have as much slope because I didn't have any of the kits porch parts and had to make it all from scratch.

• Like 1