#3 Josiah Golden house by Clell Boyce

joycalls

Hi, everyone! I am new to this forum and frankly have never done this before. I am computer illiterate so I will fumble through this as best I can. I have the Josiah Golden house. My husband bought it many years ago to work on with our 2 daughters. Now, we have 3 grandchildren and one on the way. We would like to begin work but haven't the faintest idea where to begin. The shell has one coat of primer or paint on it. The roof has been partially shingled. That's it. When I can figure out (or have someone help me) how to get some pictures loaded, I'll do that. We want to keep true to the era of the house. Is there a picture of the actual house available somewhere? We have never done miniature before so would appreciate any and all comments.

Joyce, if you can load a piicture of your house into a post, perhaps someone can identify it for you. Meantime, since you need five posts to be able to start an album in the Gallery, why not pop over to the Newcomers' forum and introduce yourself?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Joyce,This is your lucky day as it relates to your dollhouse. I have the same house and it has been "under construction" for many years. I don't usually have much time to work on it so progress is slow.

To your good fortune, I have not only a picture of the completed house by Clell Boyce and also a picture of my own, nearing completion on the exterior. I also have his step by step instructions for the construction. You may have a bit of a challenge finding some of the grim that is designed for the home but somehow, I got lucky many years back when he surfaced and contacted the local miniatures shop (no longer in business) I was able to purchase some of his extruded molded plastic trim and milk work.

In any event, I have lots that I can provide to assist you with this project. Feel free to contact me and I will provide images as soon as I can organize getting them uploaded.

Aloha from Maui...

Kristin

Hi, everyone! I am new to this forum and frankly have never done this before. I am computer illiterate so I will fumble through this as best I can. I have the Josiah Golden house. My husband bought it many years ago to work on with our 2 daughters. Now, we have 3 grandchildren and one on the way. We would like to begin work but haven't the faintest idea where to begin. The shell has one coat of primer or paint on it. The roof has been partially shingled. That's it. When I can figure out (or have someone help me) how to get some pictures loaded, I'll do that. We want to keep true to the era of the house. Is there a picture of the actual house available somewhere? We have never done miniature before so would appreciate any and all comments.

Hi Joyce,

I'm attaching pictures of the house completed by Clell Boyce. I have lots of other documentation as well as pictures of my house in progress but the file is too large to upload in this forum. If you prove me with an email, I can send you the pages.

Kristinpost-12940-0-50947000-1325550097_thumb.j

Hi, Kristin. Thank you for your note. How exciting to find someone who has the same house. I would be very interested in seeing your pictures. All of this miniature stuff is new to me. I don't know where to begin. My husband did find the instructions for the house. I am assuming they are the same as what you have. Are you willing to sell the trim and millwork or is what you have to finish your house? We have much to learn about the process and needed supplies. I look forward to hearing back from you. Joyce

Hi Joyce,This is your lucky day as it relates to your dollhouse. I have the same house and it has been "under construction" for many years. I don't usually have much time to work on it so progress is slow.

To your good fortune, I have not only a picture of the completed house by Clell Boyce and also a picture of my own, nearing completion on the exterior. I also have his step by step instructions for the construction. You may have a bit of a challenge finding some of the grim that is designed for the home but somehow, I got lucky many years back when he surfaced and contacted the local miniatures shop (no longer in business) I was able to purchase some of his extruded molded plastic trim and milk work.

In any event, I have lots that I can provide to assist you with this project. Feel free to contact me and I will provide images as soon as I can organize getting them uploaded.

Aloha from Maui...

Kristin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...I too am just getting back to my Josiah Golden House after a 15 year wait! and just found this website this morning looking for more information myself! I would love to see everyones work in progress or completed and any other information on this house you might have! Thanks for a great picture of the completed work...inspirational!

• 1 month later...

I bought mine 20 years ago and it's not finished, but I'm close. Mine is a little different in that the windows are shorter. It's named after my mother as a bed and breakfast - "Floiceland" -- dirt and grime would not do to be named after my mother. I'd love to see what you decide to do to it.