Dollhouse Cottage having a garage sale

Lisa_F

Wow, looks like it should be an awesome sale! Even though I'm on the left coast I'm afraid it's a bit far for me to go though I'm still one and a half states south of Washington State and that half state is a the big one heh.

If you go let us know what you got! Sounds like it should be loads of Fun!!

-David

Ooo! Ooo! Oooo!!! Me me me me!!! (waving hands wildly in air)

I wanna go!!!! I wanna go!!! :) lol

Thanks Lisa for posting this! I am DEFINITELY going to go!!! Yes! I've never been to this place or heard of it. I've added this to my favorites!! Thank you!! Yay! :)

Ooo! Ooo! Oooo!!! Me me me me!!! (waving hands wildly in air)

I wanna go!!!! I wanna go!!! :) lol

:) This is exactly the way I felt when I stumbled across the site & realized that there was a store in easy driving distance from me (well, a 90 minute drive and 30 minute ferry ride away - but hey close enough for me!)

Brenda, if you do go to the garage sale & store - their website has a coupon to print for 10% off your first purchase at their store :( - it's on the "what's new" page. Already got mine printed!

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Yes! I saw that when I scrolled down to the bottom. I was like "YES! Another incentive to go!" lol :)

Boy, September is sure shaping up to be a Dollhouse month for me! First this garage sale, then the Puyallup Fair, then the Seattle Miniatures Show!! Woohoo!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

So so excited and happy! Yay! :D

Took the hour drive up to the Dollhouse Cottage for their Garage Sale. It was so much fun. There were a lot of people there and it was great to talk to others in person who share your mini addiction, teehee. :p Nearly everyone I talked to had many many dollhouses. One lady said she has 12. :) Wow!

The sales were amazing! I walked away with a bagful of goodies for less than $10.

Then I went over to the main store and felt like a kid in a candy store. I spent over an hour browsing everything. (Surprisingly, my BF was very patient in waiting for me. He usually is an impatient guy. He even looked at the dollhouses there and said he might want to start building dollhouses from scratch.) I'm proud of myself though, I didn't spend half as much as I thought I would at the store. Got some really nice stuff there. The lady in the store was very nice and helpful. She joked that she never sees her paycheck because she always ends up spending it all on stuff there. :lol: I'd probably do the same!

Now I can't wait for the Seattle Dollhouse Show. I want to jump up and down with excitement! :D

The only disappointment was that, even though I printed out the 10% off coupon and brought it with me, I totally forgot to use it!! Silly me. Oh well.

So so excited and happy! Yay! :D

Me too! Me too!!!!!

I got there around noon and spent a good hour between the dollhouse garage sale & the shop itself. Got plenty of goodies at the garage sale - and was so proud of myself for not going crazy with eveything :p

Brenda - did you see the dollhouse shells built from scratch in the little side room in the dollhouse cottage shop? I just fell in love with the big one with the wrap around porch. Kinda gasped at the price - especially since it's just the shell & still needs windows & doors.

On the drive home I joked with my husband that if we'd brought his car instead of mine (my little car wouldn't have been big enough to put the dollhouse in), I'd have bought it! He suggested we go home & get his car and go back to get it :lol:

So that's exactly what we did :)

It's sitting in all it's glory in my living room! I'll try & take a picture tomorrow & post it. It's an amazing house! Can't believe I spent that much money though..... It's gonna be awhile before I can really work on it - gonna be awhile before I can afford the windows & stuff now.

That's funny, we were there nearly at the same time! We must have crossed paths at one point, strange. :)

If it's the one dollhouse you're talking about that I saw there....WOW! I'm jealous!!! :p Was it the one in the back wall, that had the nice porch with the stairs on both ends of the porch? I saw that and was like, "Oh I love this house! But wow! Expensive!" I can't wait to see your pictures.

I loved the room boxes they had on display there. They were so beautiful, with such intricate details. I loved how you could see that they did an outside scene too.

I was eyeballing the Real Good Toys Victorian Cottage Jr they had on display by the front door, and thought to myself, "Now that would make a wonderful Santa's house!" teehee :D I guess I have another dollhouse on my ever-growing wishlist!

I asked them if they had the Haunted House. They didn't but she said she could order it for me and I can pick it up at the Seattle Dollhouse Show as they are going to be there.

I asked them about Lee's Line too, because I saw that on their website and I love love love it. She said they are debuting Lee's Line at the show. It's very nicely made furniture, at a very reasonable price. Here's the link: Lee's Line

Boy, I sure do wish they had a store like this much closer to home. But I'm afraid if so, I might be there every weekend and be way too tempted to burn a hole in my wallet. :lol:

If it's the one dollhouse you're talking about that I saw there....WOW! I'm jealous!!! :) Was it the one in the back wall, that had the nice porch with the stairs on both ends of the porch? I saw that and was like, "Oh I love this house! But wow! Expensive!" I can't wait to see your pictures.

Yep, it's the same one!

I noticed that there was a "sold" sign on it. That's so funny, you were the one who bought it! :D

Yep, when we were driving home (we hadn't even left Kirkland yet) and I had made the decision to get the house (after dh said we could go back & get his car) I used my cell phone & called the store and asked them to "please please please put a sold sign on the house" :D and explained that I would have to go back to Poulsbo to get our bigger car.

That's funny - if you saw the sold sign on it then we must have missed each other by just a few minutes! Cause I called them maybe 5 minutes after leaving the store. That's too bad - would've been nice to meet! I looked for you because I remembered the picture of yourself you had posted previously. Maybe next time we're going to be at the same place we can arrange to meet.