Dollhouse miniatures clubs

ladybug324

Are there any dollhouse miniatures clubs in Washington state? Particularly in the Tacoma/Lakewood area? I thought maybe it might be kinda neat to get involved in a local club like that.

Is anyone here involved in their local area clubs? What does membership usually entail? Can you tell me a little bit about what these clubs do, etc.

Thanks! :)

Hi Brenda,

We have 2 clubs where I live - just one mini shop but 2 clubs heh :) One is our local club that meets once a month the other is a NAME group that meets once a week. I haven't joined the NAME group yet. If you're wondering what that is it stands for National Association of Miniature Enthusiasts - all the members of it I've talked to just love it but I think it's a little pricey.. for me anyway and it's a bit far for me to drive once a week with gas prices being what they are. They do have a good website though where you can look and see if they have any chapters in your area. The meetings our chapter has meets at a lady's house and they work on various projects, from what I'm told usually people just bring what ever they're working on individually but then you have others to talk to while working and help on things if you get stuck I think they also work on some group projects but I haven't learned a lot about that yet.

The other club I think it's called Central Coast Miniaturists.. something like that is just a local group of folks who get together once a year. We have a yearly dues to pay of $20 but it gets us 10% off at the mini shop, we get into the yearly show for free and we get to make cool stuff at our monthly meeting and class. So far I've made a bunka rug, a half inch scale wicker chair, and done some flower arranging in mini vases. I've only been a member for about 6 months so I've only had 6 meetings and one of those was our anual pot luck -but it's FUN!

And if there are no groups in your area you can always put up a flier at the Library and see about starting your own group :D

-David

http://www.miniatures.org/

this is the link for NAME

on their site is a map of regions with a list of clubs.

hopefully there will be one in your area

also posting something at the Library is good idea.

I used to drive an hour to get to the club closest to me but they disbanded last summer

it is my hope to start a club in my local area but I have yet to meet one miniaturist other than family members I am trying to convert.

good luck with your search...club meetings are a great place to learn new things and share your mini dreams

nutti :lol: