Big trouble over little things

kreativitea75

:victory: *sigh* It is SO nice to know that I am not alone in this mini addiction! :p These posts just make me laugh out loud because I do everything mentioned! We are a "don't ask, don't tell" couple as well. although last month hubby did tell me that I have to promise not to buy stuff for a while. :idea: But Honey! There is a 40% off sale at HBS!! Looks like I'd better just make sure I pick out the cc bill from the mail before he does!

I did the same with "I can get 40% off one item and it's better to get as much shipped in one order!" :idea:

I'm always home, I don't ask for anything, all I want is to make furniture, build my house, amuse myself..

Sure, collectively I've spent a few bucks on stuff, but it's all stuff that I am or intend on doing something with..

It makes me happy, it keeps me quiet and busy, and this is the most fulfilling hobby I've ever had (following the weather doesn't satisfy me nearly as much as making a bureau, which I really need to post for you all because I'm so proud of it :p)

Aside from spending money (and we can argue that we are contributing to the economy, right?) there's no real harm being done..

I even went the "I'd like to make furniture and sell it on eBay" route last weekend.. I would, but chances are I'll fall in love with all my creations and keep them :victory:

I don't tell him how much I have spent but he is aware of the stuff I have bought. I have pretty much cut back now though since I buy stuff for a project that I haven't even started yet and so have enough to finish them. I occasionally raid the stash for another project but I have enough generally to meet my needs. He grumbles that I tend to spill out into the other rooms, but is generally supportive.

I don't tell him how much I have spent but he is aware of the stuff I have bought. I have pretty much cut back now though since I buy stuff for a project that I haven't even started yet and so have enough to finish them. I occasionally raid the stash for another project but I have enough generally to meet my needs. He grumbles that I tend to spill out into the other rooms, but is generally supportive.

Moving tomorrow, going to pick up the keys today. Told DH we have to take the dollhouses in the car today because I can't bear to loaded them onto a truck. He thinks I am really loony. Oh! and then he asks, "so is that a new dollhouse kit in your closet?" Sigh. That is the one I thought I had snuck through and hid in my trunk to reveal it only later. So hard to explain what a wonderful purchase it was: an Earth and Tree wallhanging colonial for $65!!!!! Hopefully I am home when the Spring Fling arrives! I am going out of town next week and that large package may just push the dear man over the edge.

THIS!

My dh wouldn't be very happy if he knew what I was actually spending...he found out I spent $20 on a chair, and he FREAKED OUT until I told him that I had my eye on a (Bespaq) kitchen set that costs $339...he shut up about the $20 chair... :)

Thats funny. I got the Roper Range for $35 on Ebay and I almost told my husband what a great deal I got since the miniature store in my area sells it for $82 and then I thought to myself... ("are you crazy don't tell him you spent $35 on a dollhouse stove") so I kept my mouth shut. :wub:

My DH doesn't really bother about what I'm paying or bringing into the house miniwise as he is addicted to music and CDs so it evens itself out BUT....as I rescue dollshouses to refurb, it's more of an opportunity thing rather than a planned event. I see a poor specimen at a good price and rescue it. Just lately though there have been quite a number of rescues and there are houses everywhere so I got a tad embarrassed at telling him about the last 2 that were coming to live with us. He really didn't understand the appeal of the 1930s vintage house and thought it was a pile of tat falling to pieces but did think I'd got a bargain with another house I found as it's already decorated and lit (just needs adjusting to my own taste) - he's happy for this one to be in the bedroom which is normally a dollshouse free zone!