garfield attic

luvmypoodle

Does anyone out there have pics of their garfield attic decorated. I am finished with all the rooms but the attic and I need ideas. The ceilings become walls so I don't know if I should wallpaper the whole thing. Or if I should use one style of paper or several to divide the rooms. Any pics woud be appreciated.

I dont have pics right now, but...

I wallpapered each room, wallpapering the roof pieces that become walls. Each room is wallpapered differently, just as are the rooms in the rest of the house. For the attic room that is above the kitchen, I actually manufactured a wall to separate it from the space next to it, and will move the stairs to the rear, so one would walk along the back wall of the house (as you face the interior) and step down into that room.

One room will become the library..I haven't yet decided if that's going to be the tower room (I left off the doors leading into the tower room, and instead am going to make a bunch of cushions and have them on the floor, so one can go in there for some solitude...

or maybe the little room I described in the first paragraph, where I created a wall. One of the other rooms is going to be a man's workshop. I already have the tools, and am manufacturing a workbench.

I didn't put on all the back roof pieces either...or the "skylight". I decided all that covered up so much of the interior, and I really wanted people to be able to see the "insides", not some fancy roof! So it will just be an open back, with only the small 2 inches of roof coming down all around, and I'll shingle over the holes where the other part of the roof is supposed to be attached.

Anyway...just my ideas...

In my attic the front where the stairs come up isn't painted or papered. I put the house together first before decorating and couldn't reach in there to anything :D . The rest of the attic I papered the bottom half of the walls and painted the rest, then I plan on putting a chair rail up to finish it. I used the same paper for the whole attic but the furniture is seperating the different rooms. The room above the kitchen is a sitting room, the one next to the wall hiding the stairs is the music room, and I haven't figured out what to make the other space yet. The tower room is papered in a different paper and goes all the way to where the roof sits, that's my sewing room. I'll have to take some pics and post them in my gallery so you can see it. :lol:

My attic on the Garf isn't an attic, its the third floor of the house. The room over the kitchen is the rwins's room and the room on the other side is the baby's room. Mom & dad have a baby monitor!

I did a textured effect on al teh undersides of the room. The will remain as ceilings and not as walls.

I'm not complete yet either! Sorry.

I have 2 bedrooms and a laundry/sewing room on the third floor. One room is for a young boy the other for a teenage girl.