Stuccoing

raelene

hi, im new. im quite concern about stuccoing the inside and outside. i also, plan to do the wiring. concern when moisture hits this foil. what do i do to protect the foil. i may use elmers bonding thinned with water or i may use real stuccoing that i have used inside of my house or i may purchase the stuccoing from greenleaf. i just want to be sure i dont mess this wiring up. now the kit is still in the box and its Orchid. i know this is realy thin wood and i worry about warping too. i realy like stucco/ this is to be a little friendly haunted house and plan to start real soon. raelene

Welcome, raelene, come introduce yourself!

You will want to check out Tracy's blogs, she "stuccos" with paperclay. She electrifies with roundwire, but I belive the considerations are the same.

If you're concerned about warping, you can prime both sides of the wood (let each side dry FLAT before priming the second side) or you can use a clear sanding sealer (Deft is one brand). If there are pieces you want to stain you want to do that before hitting it with the sanding sealer.