A mini-appreciation moment

Deb

I know lots of you are on Small Stuff digest and are familiar with Mark Turpin, (or have seen his work elsewhere) but I just took the time today to go thru his website and it literally took my breath away. You know how sometimes you run across something that is so beautiful that it stops you in your tracks and almost makes your heart ache to look at it? Going thru this site was like walking thru a museum full of beautiful art work. I hope he doesn't mind if I post the link for his website here just in case there are some mini-ists like me who haven't explored his site yet. The work is just too gorgeous not to share and discuss. (and Glen, some of it reminds me of your style of building....he has a lot of the same clean and elegant lines that you favor)

The site is: http://markturpin.com/

I'm completely enamoured of the Bridgeview, especially the roof top and the bathroom. But with each page of the site, I find something new and wonderful to look at. While you can see his personal style in each one, his range of techniques and styles makes each creation unique. Truly inspring work!

Deb

I'm still drooling over his work. And when I look at it closely, I recognize elements that are commonly used in minis, but he gives it such a creative spin. Like using the shutters for the trap door on the roof. That's just inspired.

Deb