My children love me

heidiiiii

I am loved... :D

I knew I was loved but teens can be so persnicketty!

Nat IMs me. She is bored. I can tell. She gives me big I LOVE YOUS.

I am being strong. I dont turn on Yahoo im just so that she doesnt have me as a crutch. She has to spend time with the family. That is why she is there. I miss her.

Chels.. My oh-so-independent 17yr old..

She emailed me a really looonnnnggg letter. It is hot there. She needs more clothes. They only allowed to do laundry on Saturdays. She needs snacks. She needs mom. It is only 30 mins away. I am going to drive up on Sunday (i wasnt going to do it!) and bring her some more supplies (underwear, t-shirts, socks).

I cant take her off campus but she can sit in the air conditioned car with me!

I have a feeling I better bring laundry detergent and quarters. If they can only do laundry on saturdays and there are 150 students.. Not a good math equation!

But she likes the teachers and what she is learning. The teacher says her technique reminds her of Joni Mitchell.

I really didnt plan on seeing her until the 7th (she comes home for the weekend) but if she needs more stuff, I will oblige her.

I actually feel happy and sad at the same time. I am happy cause they miss me. I am sad cause I am not there because they miss me.

Here is the crack up! After this real long email.. she types in Hi Dad! LOL!!!

:D Heidi,

It is a wonderful feeling to know that they are thinking of you and they love you so much.

My step daughter does the same thing when she is gone with her youth group. She will send me text messages all the time just to grump about what they are doing but I know that she just misses me and wants some sort of contact.

As for the "Hi Dad" I am totally cracking up. Courtney will give me hugs and kisses and say she loves me and my husband (her bio father) will say...."HEY what about me?!?!" She says...your dad. I guess teen girls are pretty much the same no matter where they are.