sTONE a mckinley?

michelle

I am truly considering trying out Cjme's stone technique on the mckinley-i was going to stucco the tower and brick the window on second floor-(i have these brick slips from richard stacey-they are really thin real brick) and brick the 1.5" extension on the left of the tower with the stuccoed tower inbetween-but that egg carton stone work looks awesome!-i also have real vermont slate shingles for the roof, little slate pieces i collected in vt for the porch floor. Yesterday i went to Miniature Manor here in my town and picked up wrought iron railing for the porch- What do you think? Help!!!! :sleep_1: Also any suggestion on how to finish the steps? my little slate pieces? AHHHHHH!!!! :blink: This is soooo fun! Thanks for any help you can offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used spackle to "stone" the tower of my McKinley, and sandpaper "bricks" to finish off the rest, if you look in my McKinley album. If you're using slate for the porch floor, probably finishing of the stips in slate will look best. If you replace the porch rail with the "wrought iron" one you might want to cut pieces of coathanger wire for the porch posts and paint it all to match.

ha ha!! The big ? is WHEN i am finished!!! Feel like i am never gonna get done-today i tried the painted "sand" look with this bag of "syuff" i found in my basement to add texture to paint and it looked awful- i wiped it off-settled on the idea of regular sand paint-i did it on my harrison and recall good results, but then i found this egg crate stuff i saved from a package awhile ago-guess i'll cut some bricks and see how they come out-keep ya posted!