Becoming Parents the 2nd time around!

Shelly N

As some of you may know my dh and I have taken on the astronomical task of gaining legal custody of two of our 7 grandchildren. Besides, the tasks of changing our lifestyle, our dreams for the future etc, came the medical problems for one of them and the possibility of more medical problems for the younger one. Anyway today I have started a new yahoo group called Parents Again. This is a group for Grandparents raising grandchildren. If you are interested or are in the similar situation please be sure to join.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ParentsAgain/

Shelly N

Kudos to you Shelly! It takes a lot of love for a grandparent to raise a grandchild and take on that responsibility all over again! Good luck!!

Hi Shelly, my daughter has decided to go back to university so I'm taking on the task of looking after my granddaughter come September, mornings from 8 till noon. I know I shouldn't be but for some reason, I'm worrying. Even though I keep telling myself it's only the mornings, I can't help but think about the responsibility and it scares me. My work schedule will need to be changed as well. I just know once it starts, I'll be thrilled to have so much time with her but until then, I will just be making myself crazy with worry.

You're doing a wonderful thing for your g/children and I commend you for it.

Wendy