Alison Jr additions

My completed Alison Jr has an addition next to the tower and that's the bathroom and kitchen. On the one I'm building now I was thinking of adding an addition on the other side by the stairs. There is just enough room for a narrow door at the foot of the stairs and that would add two more rooms. I usually put my doors toward the front of the house and these would be close to the back edge so don't know if it would look OK. The additions are not big rooms but it would allow for a second floor bathroom and maybe a music room next to the living room. I don't want it to be exactly like my other house. With the addition this is a big house and is heavy. The addition can be added any time because it just would involve cutting the doors. Like having to have stairs, I have to have doors. I know some don't cut doors when adding additions. I've seen faux doors but I'd rather have real ones. Has anyone seen this house with the addition by the stairs?

Hey, if you gotta have doors, IMO, go for it! As for whether they're towards the front or the rear of the house, I don't think it matters; in the Glencroft the downstairs door is at the front of the house and upstairs it's towards the back.

• 2 months later...
I added a room addition to the Allison, Jr. on the stair side. I found a very narrow door made by Timberbrook, my husband cut the opening so it would clear the stairs. It turned out very nice. Hope this helps!

Do you have a picture of your house? The addition I added to the other side isn't really very big, a small kitchen, and bath upstairs, but it really looks nice on the house. The one I'm working on just doesn't look as nice to me so I'll probably add the addition eventually. I've used the narrow door in several houses. I have one now going onto the porch upstairs instead of the second window in both my Alisons. Cutting those door openings is a little tricky without power tools but I did it without any damage. I drill a lot of very small holes and then cut through them. When the doors are put in you can't tell that it isn't all that smooth. There are pics in my gallery of my Alison Jr.