Most popular dolls house accessory of the moment

Anya

What would you consider the most popular dolls house accessory at the moment?

I have noticed that alot of people on ebay are buying mini cats and dogs to put in their houses. Anyone agree?

I've started making 1/12 scale members of my family. Its more fun than buying a doll.

Are you making yours out of fimo clay? I think the new fimo doll clay is really good. You can get different skin shades by adding a bit of different coloured fimo.

Its shatterproof too.

I must say people for me (personally). Business wise, I see a lot of resin ANYTHING and anything to do with castle or witch/wizard stuff.

I personlaly am in love with collecting big dolls in my real house and only in the past year have I added 1" scale dolls to my dollhouse. They have really come a long way. They are inexpensive and still a great quality.

:lol:

Hi Sunny --

I buy my dolls as kits from miniKitz.com. The faces are already nicely painted. i am not very good at painting mini faces. (havana)Holly (who is on vacation) makes wonderful dolls from FIMO and makes them of all skin colors.

:lol:

What I would LOVE to learn to do is sculpt dolls myself. Marie has re inspired me by showing us her wonderful fairy she did last month. I have been a BIG fan of Mariakids (Margaret) dolls since a neighbor of mine bought one of her dolls.

I had her make me a King, Princess, and a Prince. Now she is making me a Queen and a knight and a pharoh & a egypian lady). I Love them because they are fully posable and they add that cartoonish flair (I also LOVE cartoons, I'm justa big kid). I also have some of Dana's kits http://www.miniatureart.com (the Egyptian Queen & King) The Greecian Goodess and two others that I don't remembe the names too but it was the Mom laying down sleep holding the baby in her arms.

I am so in love with the dolls and before last year, I did not like them in ANY of my mini settings. I wonder what my tatse will be 2, 5 and 10 years from now..... :lol:

What would you consider the most popular dolls house accessory at the moment?

I have noticed that alot of people on ebay are buying mini cats and dogs to put in their houses. Anyone agree?

Well, I'm doing my best to keep the dollhouse cat market in business. Also roosters.

I suspect food usually leads the pack because everyone has a kitchen. My current passion is miniature versions of real-life art pottery. At the moment, I'm digging for a cheap source of mini-Fiesta ware. The versions at Sky Crest are terrific, but I keep looking at the total bill for all the pieces and wincing. Niko & Fuzz's house was supposed to be done low-budget, which $50 in dishes isn't. (But look at that pitcher! I dare you not to want that pitcher!) It's the perpetual problem with really unique stuff -- you can't expect it to come cheap. Sigh.

I am so low-brow. I buy action figures for my 1:12 houses -- except Miles & Theo are the el cheapo Horsman dolls that every store has. My 1:24 people are split between little stuffed Guatamalen people and figures made from wrapping embroidery floss around wire. Since the Guatemalens are mostly female, men in my 1:24 world are a lot thinner than women.

I too, suspect food is at the top of the list.......I know alot of people in an informal club who make food.

I myself love miniature dolls(I have lots of room for them--I have a doll that stands about two and half feet tall--she is dressed in Victorian dress and I absolutely love her) so the smaller they are, or the 'bigger' the dolls are, especially antique ones, the more I like them. I still have my old Madame Alexanders with the 'bent' knees........

Right now I am fascinated with dressing miniature beds......and matching things up, making the tiny pillows, and the dresses and such.

One thing I have noticed is lighting, people either way overdo it when lighting their houses........or they do not pay attention to them at all........

Get Jamie Carrington's book on Making Miniature Character Figures, I did, and I made Miss Stephanie(she's in the dolls on webshots/user/lisaneault) and even though she's a little overdone!(I drew from all the old spinster ladies I grew up around who were called 'Miss' even though they were eighty) I kind of adore her, she was my first serious doll. So that's why the Shabby Chic Boutique came about, she needed housing! :p

Calamari -- where do you put your roosters?

In Gala and Rosie's kitchen, which is wallpapered but doesn't have the cabinets hung yet because I got... um... sidetracked. Gala and Rosie collect roosters. Don't ask me why. Their house is the one I impulsively bought at an antique mall in Pleasanton. I have one photo of the exterior with the new paint job (it used to be pale blue). This is before I decided to paint the vertical edge trim (what is that called?) dark brown too.

post-5-1118631985_thumb.jpg