Is my Magnolia kit incomplete?

Wishywash

Hello everyone.

I have just received a Magnolia kit I won on Ebay. Unfortunately, the package was open and a couple of sheets were incomplete. I have counted them and in all, I have 9 semi-full sheets (1 to 9).

So my question is: is my kit complete, at least as far as the plywood sheets are concerned?

The instruction leaflet is also missing, and I hope I'll be able to assemble the house without it anyway.

Is it an easy kit to build?

Thanks for your help,

Nico.

Looking at the instruction sheet I have here for my Magnolia (I haven't started this kit yet) says the kit contains:

Ten pre-cut wood sheets

One silkscreened plastic window sheet

One silkscreened brick pattern sheet

One set of instructions

One set of schematic diagrams

In looking over the pieces in my kit and the schematic diagram sheet however, I think sheet #10 of the pre-cut wood sheets must be the sheets of shingles - because the schematic diagram that I have only shows the numbered boards 1-9. So if you have sheets 1-9 I think you are good to go :)

Based on other Greenleaf and Corona kits (not seen the Magnolia in kit form) I'd say if there are pieces out of the wood sheets then there are pieces missing. That being said it should be easy to replicate the missing pieces, but a sheet of luan, and use the holes as patterns, it cuts really easily. Bottom line, though, is that you need the instructions.

Thank you Minishop, and I hope the answer given by Lisa is right. I had forgotten the shingles were delivered as a sheet (since they came crushed & separate, just like my silkscreen windows (:-()).

Doogster, the parts I have missing are mostly railings/sills, so that's not very hard to replace.

And Paribabe, I live in Paris, so your offer would be greatly appreciated, but snail mail maight be too expensive ... unless there's something you want from the city of lights that I can send you!

A big thank you for your help,

Nico.

Okay, had the time to go open up my magnolia kit & count the woodsheets this afternoon to check the wood sheets against the schematic diagram that came with the kit.

The schematic diagram lists 9 different wood sheets. However, in matching each wood sheet up with the diagram, I see that there should be two of sheet #8. So even though there are only 9 different sheets on the schematic diagram - having two of sheet #8 makes the kit a total of 10 wood sheets.

I should have pulled them all out last night & checked them against the schematic diagram. :)

Thank you Lisa for going thru the trouble of opening your dollhouse's package...

It looks like these 2 'double sheets' contain the porch parts, and since I plan to replace them with Houseworks spindles... it's not going to be of any use to me.

Now, what I want to know is if the structure is easy to build without the instructions... Another tough tast ahead!

I'm currently building the Magnolia and it is my first house. It is not too hard. I often have to take a look at the picture at the url: http://www.corona-concepts.com/dollhouses/9303.htm. I bet if you contact corona they would send you the instructions.

The picture of it at joann.com is a nice zoomable picture for figuring out stuff when you get confused.

-Dave