1:24 Conservatory

Charlene

post-287-1146929749_thumb.jpgpost-287-1146929862_thumb.jpgYou were all so helpful with ideas for a tiled floor for this conservatory, I thought I'd share what I'm actually working on. This little box measures (inside floor) just 7 x 5 which is a perfect floor area for 1:24. My mom had given me a set of Avon resin patio furniture and I decided this would be the perfect place to display it.

The first picture is of the basic terrarium. I'm not going to refinish the outside, because I think the aged look it already has is fine. I'm toying with the idea of using black on the "rope" trim, but may just leave it as is.

The second pic shows the in-place "leading" for stained glass eaves. No plans to stain anything other than the eaves at this point. Very simple 'stained glass' because I don't want a busy design to detract from the furniture display.

The flooring (as you already know!) will I hope be a deep blue glazed tile look in a hexagon pattern. Please, any suggestions/comments are welcome -- I need all the help I can get.

No suggestions sorry. Conservatory's another item on the list here.

Looks neat so far.

The furniture sounds interesting. Avon resin?

Any chance of a picture?

Cheers

Glen

Hi Charlene,

This may sound like another of my hair-brained ideas.. and it could well be.. but now that I'm thinking of the tile you want to do in a different way... I'm wondering if it's something you could make on the computer and print off on card stock and then spray to get the real nice tile look <?> Just a passing thought as I was reading your post and thought I'd toss it out there. The conservatory is awesome looking - can't wait to see how you finish it. I'd love to try one someday, but for now I've got my hands full. Still love looking at all the eye candy and dreaming about future projects though :lol:

-David

Glen -- Here's a couple pics of the Avon furniture...Please not comments on my photography! I'm off next week to get a decent digital camera and then look for real Time quality photos. Incidentally, the little settee is 2" across just to give you an idea of the size. Mom bought this set years ago for me and I made a 1:24 gazebo to house it. Unfortunately, I had heavy handed movers and when we unpacked the gazebo was crushed. Got the parts to fix it, but this popped into my head and like the enclosed space better (less mini dusting!)

David --

Actually that is not a hare-brained idea at all. It's really an obvious solution (now that you came up with it). I have a drawing program so printing and decoupaging it onto balsa would be easy enough and I can get much more creative with the design. And save the clay!

post-287-1146949292_thumb.jpg

post-287-1146949358_thumb.jpg