Shenandoah Log Cabin

kellee

I finally got the pictures posted of the Shenandoah. !! it is completely built !! I did want to change the staircase... from a ladder to a staircase with a landing that went to both sides but changed my mind... because it will take up some floor space and will block the view of the furnishings.!! I am hoping to find or make some twig furniture for the log cabin.!!

This Shenandoah was made of MDF.!!!

kellee

Very nice! You did a great job on your interior logwork.

I have an idea for your stairs, if you want to try it later. You can make an open staircase which is almost like a ladder, but not quite. You'd have to make it longer, so it would start closer to the edge of the back of the house, and make it like a ladder, but changing the angle of the treads. If you fool around with the ladder, you'll see what I mean. You can add a rail if you want to, it'll look very chic.

Thank You, I really appreciate your advice.! I may try that !! I was really not into this house at all... it is made of MDF and I just did not like anything I did to it.!! But all in all I think it turned out pretty nice.!

Kellee