Looking for local DH friends

JaimieMarvon

I have seen so many people on here from all over the place, and made some new "pen-pal" type freinds. I was wondering if there are any of you that live near me. Maybe you have DH or mini connections around here, or we could get together for mini making crafts! There is a DH store less than 2 miles from my house.

I am from NJ and I am about 20 minutes from NYC, although I have to admit even living here most of my life I couldn't tell you much about it! The town I live in is called Pequannock (pronounced "P-quan-knock") :D I am close to Wayne, a town most people that know NJ have heard of. Come out, come out where ever you are.....

I have seen so many people on here from all over the place, and made some new "pen-pal" type freinds. I was wondering if there are any of you that live near me. Maybe you have DH or mini connections around here, or we could get together for mini making crafts! There is a DH store less than 2 miles from my house.

I am from NJ and I am about 20 minutes from NYC, although I have to admit even living here most of my life I couldn't tell you much about it! The town I live in is called Pequannock (pronounced "P-quan-knock") :) I am close to Wayne, a town most people that know NJ have heard of. Come out, come out where ever you are.....

Hi Jaimie

I just happened to find this site because I am in the process of building "The Garfield" also. I see you live in Pequannock. I live in Hawthorne, just a few towns away from you. You are much more advanced then I am. I just started building last Tuesday. I am totally hooked on this thing. CRAZY. Anyway I will post some pics soon. Just wanted to say HI

Irene

:) Yes this is my first house! I know quite a big one to start with but I just fell in love with it! My husband gave it to me for Christmas, and I just started it last week. I am trying to decorate the walls as much as possible before I put the house together. I see you are constructing the house first. Is it hard to decorate once it is all together?

Irene

This is my first house that I am doing completely. The 2 other houses that I have done were in my much younger years. I just threw them together and taped some wallpaper up, with some furniture in them.

Some people prefer to paper before and some have methods of doing it after. I plan to try the methods of papering after, since I'm still unsure of what each room will be still :). Plus I have alot of furniture and am still gathering wallpapers, carpets, etc.

Can't wait to see pics!

:) I have been taking pictures but can't figure out how to make a "Gallery" of them. How is that done?

Never mind...Figured it out, now I have an album. I will add more soon, have more done since I took these pictures

Irene

May I suggest you all try the NAME website? The link is: http://www.miniatures.org

Go to their button and click on 'find a club' (or shop if you are looking for one in that are too!) and there are many NAME chartered clubs probably near you. By joining NAME you will find many active and non active members, and have access to NAME'S media library, events such as state days, houseparties, and regional events sponsored by NAME and the miniature clubs. These are fun and you meet many miniaturists, beginners, collectors, and dealers. Usually these events sponsor a project or workshops, and a sales area. You also receive the Miniature Gazette 6 times with your membership, and a NAME pin.

When you go to the 'finda club link' it will direct you to a map. Click on the state in which you live, this will also give you the region in which your state is in, and make it easier to find your Regional events, and State and regional coordinators. Just thought I'd help.

Thank you Lisa. Definately info I didn't know. I thought NAME was for people who were much more into the craft, professionally. I will take a look at that and think about joining.

Linda-

Morristown is only about 30 minutes awway from me, and I have mentioned before that I have a great mini store about a mile away. You should get in touch next time you come out this way. Would love to mini shopping with you!

Linda-

Morristown is only about 30 minutes awway from me, and I have mentioned before that I have a great mini store about a mile away. You should get in touch next time you come out this way. Would love to mini shopping with you!

Definitely a plan Jaimie! Of course, you'll have to put up with Jimmy ....

You're welcome Jamie. NAME is a great source for not only the 'crafty' type of collector, but everyone. Especially if you are looking for past articles in Nutshell News, Dollhouse Miniature magazine, or other miniature magazines. They have an archived index. But don't underestimate the possibilities with NAME, you can even start your own club (NAME will supply you a packet on how to apply for a charter, which is easy) if there is no one near you in your area.