New here, old to miniatures

Hi, Tracy! Hi, Emily!

I'm new to this forum, but I built some of the very first Greenleaf kits ever made. I saw them at a trade show - about 1980??? - and ordered a bunch while my partner in the craft shop wasn't looking. (Should have ordered more, because when they came in, she grabbed the one I wanted. Then I had to put it together for her.) They had nice birdhouse kits, too. :unsure:

Wait a minute....EMILY??? Emily, before you get as old and tired as I am, here's a quick lesson for you. Open your mouth slightly, put the tip of your tongue just behind your teeth, and hum. Then pucker up and say, "OOOOO." B)

I joined this forum because I've been talking myself out of buying a Fairfield ever since Greenleaf revived them. As you can see, it's not working very well, or I wouldn't have joined. Maybe the next time one of my kids asks me what I want for my birthday or Christmas or Mothers' Day......... (I can hear it already - at least one of them will tell me I have to finish the kits I already have first. They keep forgetting who is the parent........)

Nancy

Welcome Nancy -- I am so glad you came to join us B)

Many on this forum have built the Fairfield. It is a wonderful house. Feel free to give in and build one.

Don't worry about finishing one kit before you build another. We don't :unsure:

The only rule here is to have fun!

:o

Welcome, Nancy, What Judith said.

I have two Fairfield kits because I want to bash them together into one huge (?) house & see if I can make 1/24" scale dolls to live in it, something on the order of the utterly HUGE Betty Bonnet family.

Judith, Back about 100 years ago The Ladies' Home Journal used to publish paperdolls drawn by Sheila Young, including Betty Bonnet & all her family, cousins, friends, etc, at the rate of one a month. Dover Publications publishes reprints of them.

When I was a little girl (a few years AFTER the publication of Betty Bonnet & frientds) I also made houses for my paperdolls (I wish I still had them, but they were played with to rags!), and when I started collecting the Dover reprints, I often wondered just how many shoeboxes it would take to build houses for all of them!

Hi There Nancy & Ellen!! Welcome to the forum and I am so excited to have you all here! I went away for a few days and sent 3 posts to different forums and came home with my Greenleaf folder FULL of new members (61 new people) WOW!

Welcome to all of you too and please keep in touch! I cannot Wait to see your Fairfields & Other Kits!! :unsure: