Another Marquam Hill finds a home

Josi

I won a Marquam Hill on ebay yesterday and I am so excited!! I got it for a great price, I think, but the shipping is unbelievably high. But still in all, I got it WAY lower than retail. I was reading on this forum about how special it was and then I saw pictures in the galary.......wow, what potential. And I think Marg mentioned turning hers into a Painted Lady......this house would be perfect for that. I've been going to sleep dreaming and planning how to turn this one into something special.

It's a big box, and weighs a ton, well not actually a ton, but it's heavy. Over 75 pounds, recommends 2 to lift it, well all the cats refused, Marg was at work, and it was slashing it down. So yours truly got to haul that bugger in solo. Actually it's an impressive kit, got all the goodies in there. Even got the magic rock stuff for the foundation. Doesn't include an albatross though. Odd. :)

congratulations!!! it is such a nice kit! and beautiful house. Sounds like we both won our houses from the same seller. If you want, i have several links for this house that other people have done. It's so nice to see other peoples work! Marg

Oh yes, Marg please share. I am open to suggestions on how to make the most out of it. I normally sell my houses (to make room for more), but I'm thinking this one will be a keeper. So I am going to make this one special for lil ole me.

I guess I better wait until hubby gets home before I move it in the house? Otherwise I'll be pinned under the weight of it should I trip on the doorstep and fall. My cat, like yours, is a lazy old thing and doesn't lift a paw to help around here.

Here you go! I wish i could find more, its such a neat house!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/396085...037022757ysKBmX

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...6lr%3D%26sa%3DN

http://www.picturetrail.com/miniatureoma

this last one above is from one of the members here on the forum! There is actually another one listed here in one of the forums, i'll have to look for it, but the guy did a fantastic job!

http://www.carysminis.photosite.com/carys_...ooms/dollhouse/

and that is all that i am aware of.

Since i really like the look of the staircase off to the side, i'll build mine that way! It really has a nice look that way! I also love the idea of changing the kitchen to a larger room and possibly an extra upstairs room to make a nice big bath. We'll see when i eventually get there! Hopefully by then the power tools will be set up and i have learned to use them! Not sure of the colors yet, but i really love the painted lady look!

Josi I hope you got your house into house okay! And no injury to yourself!

Thanks Marg, some of those pictures are truly inspiring. I had seen Marcia's Marquam Hill before and loved the expanded addition she did.

Hopefully I'll get this house next week. I'm still excited about it.

Maybe you;ll get an albatross with yours.

ALBATROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You're very silly :)

I'm so excited for you Josi, it is a cool kit, better than my other dura-craft houses, it smells yummy too! Will you build it next? I'd love to see your progress on it! Like i said i have to finish my two current projects then i want to build my foxhall next. I have really wanted to start on that house for quite a while but the Grosvenor was a spur of the moment buy then i got so excited about starting it. I don't regret starting it but i really want to get to the Foxhall! Hopefully in a couple of months! What are your plans for the house?

I am working on two projects right now, the Primrose beach cottage and a cabin in the woods. Since I bought the Marquam hill my enthusiasm for both is dampened somewhat, but I promised myself that I need to finish these at least before starting the next.....which is a Whitney that I promised someone for a raffle for charity (commitment before playtime....grrrr).

I think I have decided on colors for the MH, a hazel green with lilac and/or purple trim. Saw it on a mini bedspread yesterday and thought it would look good with all the trim on the MH. I am also playing with the idea of making the inside contemporary instead of victorian.

The Grosvenor Hall is a huge project, but you are making great progress.