the laurel and the Orchid

dollshousegirl

hi girlys

well the girls are really excited about thier respective houses, Sara with her Laurel and Hollie with her Orchid, trying to be fair to them , but they each what my to make theirs first !!!!

we spent last evening making boxes of cookies for Hollies Orchid cafe and dog food boxes for Saras dogs that will live in the Laurel.

but try as I might I cannot make two at once, i have already cleared my Glencroft to the shelf in the bedroom (it just needs to be thatched) so i have got a table to erect these two little gems.

I think i have reached a compromise, I have dry fitted the Laurel together, (goes to gether really well) and scored and stained the floors of the Orchid, Hollie really likes the look of that, they feel so nice too. I have stained them dark oak and they look lovely.

think i will glue the Laurel together tommorow, move that to one side and glue the shell of the Orchid together, think i will do each one in stages so each girly does not feel they are missing out.

boy they are looking forward to thier school hols (1 more week to go)

i have done that, they are ready for the girls to get painting now. both houses went together likea dream, didin't even follow the instructions. we might go out and shopping for coloured paint get some sample pots .

I had to laugh though where it says in the instructions 'follow these instructions in order ! DO NOT jump ahead or reverse the order of assembly' very bossy, but I wondered with so many of us kitbashing, are we all laughing in the face of danger !! te he !!!

I know I did when I built the Glencroft, did everything wrong, even had to cut some wood to get it to fit, but its turned out fine !!!

any hoo ! enough of all that waffle off to paint !!!

I wondered with so many of us kitbashing, are we all laughing in the face of danger !! te he !!!

Mwwwahahahhahahahahahahaaha.........

Deb

I will certainly take pictures, they can start painting tommorow, they would probably start tonight after school but they are going out for the youngest ones birthday treat, to see the show sprit of the horse, live horses, doing whatever horses do.

it will be fun to take pictures as we go

ohhh ! as an after thought (my fairfield arrived today) !!! not an afterthought at all, but you know the box is sat there tempting me, but i am not starting this one until i have the window upgrade and some real stairs to put in it. I have lots of plans for it but won't be starting it for a while