what edge do I trim?

chellebelle

I can't read the text to see what you're talking about. Since the two longframe pieces are shown taped together, does that mean you haven't glued them together yet? Maybe it's the edges of the wall sections that slide down into the longframe pieces that you have to trim? I have no idea.

Sorry it's blurry. It is the Heritage kit ( I FINALLY found one!!!) The thing I'm confused about is on page 8 ,figure 11, where I cut 4 -10 3/4" lengths from the large tower corner posts, glue them to the 4 small corner posts, in a v shape. Then it says to trim the edge off the large corner post. It doesn't say which edge, so is it the pointed edge that sticks out farther than the small post? I understand the big corner post is used to fit over the bricked walls and siding walls. So, when making the bay windows, it's the post that connects the window to the wall.

Looking at the two pictures, it looks like the large tower corner post piece is wider than the small tower corner post, so that when they're glued together so the edges that meet in the "V" are flush with one another, the large tower corner post sticks out beyond the small tower corner post, and they want you to trim that long edge even with the small tower corner post. What I would do, if I were you, is to PM all the other members of this forum who admit to having built the Heritage to see if that's it, before you do trim it and find I'm wrong.