Has anyone built an Addison

Niteowl

I am about to buy an Addison..

The only other house I built was Victoria's Farmhouse.... It was MDF...

I am considerig the Addison in milled plywood.... other than the weight is there any real advantages to plywood?

I don't plan on bashing it, just a few minor upgrades, depending on the windos, doors, that are included.

If you have built an Addison any suggestions fo rupgrades?

Thanks in advance.

/welcome, Ira, you might also want to pop in over at the Newcomers' Forum and introduce yourself in more detail, we're certainly glad you're here. I haven't built any RGT kits and only one roombox in MDF, and besides its weight I find MDF to be a bear to work with, compared to WOOD, which is easier to cut, IMO, as well as to stick things in and to finish. I believe the Houseworks components will fit most RGT kits, you just need to take your dimensions when you get the shell assembled.

Do share your build with us, as well as where you find your upgrades; a lot of our members are building/ have built RGT kits, and I have bashed Houseworks components into both Dura-Craft and Greenleaf kits.

• 1 month later...
I am about to buy an Addison..

The only other house I built was Victoria's Farmhouse.... It was MDF...

I am considerig the Addison in milled plywood.... other than the weight is there any real advantages to plywood?

I don't plan on bashing it, just a few minor upgrades, depending on the windos, doors, that are included.

If you have built an Addison any suggestions fo rupgrades?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, Addison!

I have the RGT Woodstock in milled plywood. The two dollhouses that I have built have both been RGT plywood. I have been extremely pleased with the RGT plywood. Let us know which one you decide on.