Cranberry Cove - Gable Front

jditter

Hello all. I am builing the Cranberry Cove and so far things WERE going smooth but now I am at the part where I'm putting on the roof and the gable front. The "gable front" part does not fit in the grooves of the molding plus having the Front Roof fit in the grooves too. Does anyone know what I am referring to and how I do this? The pictures in the instructions aren'd very helpful. Any help would br great.......Thanks. :p

What part exactly does not fit? The actual gable front is not intended to overlap any roof parts . It stands straight up where there is no roof, in the space. I have the cranberry in my album. Maybe a closeup pic will help.

My gable front is sitting on the outside molding part, standing straight up, flush with the exterior edge, not in the groove. Then the little side roof for the gable is on each side of the front. I can feel the groove you are talking about from the inside. The side roofs do not touch the molding, it's a little raised. Try a dry fit that way. Good luck. Glad you like my house, I've touched up the shutters and dusted since that pic, lol

• 2 months later...

I was not sure if you had finished your house ...I was looking cause I cannot fo rthe life of me figure out how the those porch roof pieces are supposed to go ?? But I had the same problem with my mansard and the gable I founf that if I place the gable in the groove first and the mansard over it so that it sits in the space togeher than it all worked just fine . Hope it helps and hope I can find info my self lol

brandaen

Hi Brandon, the porch roof sits on a strip of wood, nailed to the front wall, and lays directly on the posts. I nailed mine a little too high, that's why the trim is between the posts and not over them. Hope you get it all worked out. This is a very spacious house when finished.

Thanks very much for the reply .

I received two angled pieces of wood with my cranberry and I can't figure out what sticks out and what angles go where lol. but really the house is coming along beautifully and your cranberry is wonderful !

Brandaen

• 2 weeks later...

Finally close to finishing ...the house is meant for a child so I did not do anything to radical for the inside I would have loved lighting and wallpaper but the lady did not want those items in her house. I will post photos in my gallery shots.

Brandaen

Thanks very much !! I actually very much liked this kit ! I personally have a love for pink lol...so this brought out the love in my heart like none other . thanks for the wonderful comments ! I like yours! and I have always wanted to build the Beacon but can't afford the kit yet ...maybe sometimes soon lol. Thanks again for your help .

Brandaen