michelle

Hey guys! I am an old member returning after completing a Mckinley-love the blog -I remember u guys talking about them a while back-Thanks Emily for clearing up my ? about the pix. I love greenleaf designs-and all dollhouses. i have built the Van Buren,Harrison, Annabelle/Pierce, and now 1 Mckinley completely and 1 started. My next project is a MckInley - on steroids 9mm baltic birch and a bit larger-love that design is alot like my granmas attached house in PA.- Did u catch the dollhouse miniature mag about dec or jan where the gal enlarged the kitchen-I too have decided to enlarge the attic and make a hall where possibly a small library can be made-I have 1/8" luan fatigue!! I have to finish the porch on the last Mckinley it is in Staten Is. which is 40 min away, a gift for my cousin who has "The Itch" the porch killed me I hated the wood! And of course Melissa's looks great! I helped my sister with a real good toys Harborside Mansion and the wood was a pleasure- it also went up real fast-milled siding n all-my mckinley siding was short but will be covered with basswood for batting-The porch floor is just sheet flooring cut-I have decided to put real wood in my new mckinley-it shines up beautifully- Thanks for all the tips along the way-great to know there are other minimaniacs out there :)

Hello.

welcome back to the forum. I am having quite a time with the Mc Kinnely. The porch has been a challenge as well as the attic space. I still have to build the tower roof, add shingles,stonework, lattice, and decorate, Then on to the next house. I may not start a new house immediatly, but take a few weeks to put some finishing touches tword a few I still have in progress.

Melissa

hey guys -no pix of my van buren-or harrison- bad luck stories- i do have pix of the others though- i drove from long island to upstate new york for the van buren! 2 hours! in 1978 it was lost in a fire in 1980, my harrison was actually stolen out of a house I rented in flushing new york- the storage was avaiable to the three tenants who rented the extra large beautiful house, my landlords were great and totally dismayed when a bunch moved in n out quickly with not just my harrson being temporarily stored in the basement but my clothing-if u can believe it (in new york like alot of of places we need to switch clothing according to seasons-I was lucky enough to have a dry basement to do this in) Xmas decorations from my dads travels in the war!! Nice group[- i felt cursed as far as dollhouses!!! :) But now we are getting back on track! l

hey melissa- that #$%@&^ Porch!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL what a drag-no matter how I tried the paint looked horrible-I actually bought some components to finish it but I need to change the headwall allong the front yet- my cousin is thrilled with it but I am really dissatisfied!! The house is so darn pretty-yet I just get irked by the quality of the wood-both my McKinleys are older-but I read about the warping alot of the members were experiencing. A Drag! But-----------yours still looks great!!! :)

I read about the warping alot of the members were experiencing.

Interesting point, when I opened the box to inventory the parts & begin reading the instructions I had no warping. Now that I've finished the second floor treatments & primed the ceiling on the other side, it has begun to develop a symmetrical bow that would be lovely if I needed it to curve; however, as it's a floor, I do NOT need it to curve :) We'll see what happens when I install the rascal.