New to dollhouses

thanks i will check out that blog. I love all the suggestions!

I will definetely be building the Harrison even if i have to ask for the kit as a birthday or christmas gift it will be done although the bigger problem is where to put it so it can be safe cause i know i will want to put a lot more delicate things in it for myself then later on i can pass it down to my daughter

The Arthur is very condusive to 'pretty in pink'. I think that would make a great first house. The Orchid is my favorite, but it has a lot of gingerbread. The Arthur is more simple without being plain. You could put the stairs in back to front (instead of front to back) and that way she can use them. It would also be an easy house to 're-do' later on when she is older. Then you can do the Harrison for yourself. It's a nice size with big rooms for displaying all your not yet bought treasures. I like to glue my houses to 3/4 inch plywood a little bigger than the house so I can landscape around them and they are easier to carry (the house won't flex).