Worcester Mass Mini Day Info

Some of the classes look interesting and more affordable than Sturbridge. Here it is for those interested to see. It is a 3 page document.

“Queen for a Day!”

Please join us for our eighth annual

Friends Thru Miniatures Fun Day

May 3, 2008

8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Greendale Peoples’ Church

9 Francis Street

Worcester, MA

Admission of $20.00 includes:

Continental breakfast, lunch, door prizes, a silent auction,

exhibits, a yard sale, and a souvenir of the day.

Registration is limited to 90 people, so please respond promptly

by using the top form on the last page.

Send the form, with your check for $20.00 to Julie Hagel.

Pre-registered workshops, for an additional fee, will be held all day.

Bring a basic tool kit plus any items specified for your particular workshop.

For more information about classes or instructors,

please email Lissa at eloosemore@charter.net or call her at 508-886-6755.

Registration and payment of fees for the workshops must be made in advance.

Use the bottom form on the last page to register for your classes.

Send the form, with your check for the cost of your classes, to Lissa Loosemore.

The final day to register will be April 22, 2008.

All workshops will be filled on a first come, first served basis.

Cancellations cannot be honored after the April 22nd deadline unless your spot can be filled.

Come Join Us – It’s your turn to be

“Queen for a Day!”

Please enclose this form and a $20.00 check payable to Friends Thru Miniatures for your registration

Send this form and your check to: Julie Hagel

13 Canterbury Forest

Plaistow, NH 03865

Name:__________________________________________________________________

Address:________________________________________________________________

City:_______________________________ State:_______ Zip Code_______________

Telephone:_________________ Email Address:________________________________

Vegetarian Meal needed? Yes____ No___

Need Yard Sale table? (Must exhibit to sell in yard sale) Yes____ No___

Will you exhibit? Yes____ No___ If so, please provide the following information:

Title of Exhibit:

Brief description:

Approximate Size: Electricity needed: Yes____ No___

===================================Cut here====================================

Please enclose this form and your check payable to Friends Thru Miniatures for the total cost of classes

Send this form and your check to: Lissa Loosemore

3 Bethany Drive

Rutland, MA 01543-1606

Name:__________________________________________________________________

Address:________________________________________________________________

City:_______________________________ State:_______ Zip Code_______________

Telephone:_________________ Email Address:________________________________

Preferred method of contact if necessary for workshop selection:

email_____ telephone_____ “Snail” mail_____

Class Choice(s): _______ Cost

All day Class: Dress a doll: Choose one:

(1.a.) Old lady without robe OR (1.b.) Old lady with robe OR (2) Young Lady ______

Morning Class:

First Choice: ______

Second Choice: ______

Third Choice: ______

Afternoon Class:

First Choice: ______

Second Choice:

Third Choice:

Total Cost:

“Queen for a Day!” Class Options

All Day Class (8:30 – 11:30 a.m., resume 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.)

FULL

A. Dress a Doll, with instructor Elaine Perkins Class Size: minimum 6, maximum 12 students

Choose one of the following:

1) Older lady, dressed in a pink rose flowered nightgown with pink trim. She has gray hair in curlers and slippers to keep her feet warm. Cost: (1.a.) $50.00, without robe; (1.b.) $55.00 with robe

OR

2) Younger lady dressed in a white lounging outfit with blue or pink trim and slippers. She has wavy blond or brown hair. Cost: $50.00

Morning Classes (8:30 – 11:30 a.m.)

B. Garden Scene, with instructor Joanne Kelsall

A small garden scene in a plastic box, which will include a bench and various lfowers planted in the garden. There will be some surprises added.

Supplies: Basic tool kit, wire cutters, small sharp scissors, fine tweezers, Tacky glue and Zap-A-Gap (or similar glues).

Cost: $35.00 Class Size: minimum 2, maximum 15 students

C. Domed Chest, with instructor Pete Boorum

Make a small chest with a domed lid, using the table saw to rip, crosscut and make finger joints. When the domed lid has been attached and trimmed, learn how to attach tiny wire hinges. Supplies: Pair of tweezers, and, if you use it, your own magnification.

Cost: $30.00 Class Size: maximum 8 students

D. Wall Shelves, with instructor Pam Boorum

Always useful in a variety of settings, we’ll make several sets of shelves with curved patterns on the sides (one will be a corner shelf). Learn to use a jewelers saw to make intricate patterns in cherry wood. Supplies: Jewelers saw if you have one, needle files would also be helpful, but there will be “loaners” of all tools.

E. Bird Bath Rock Garden, with instructor Amy Robinson

Students will sculpt an oversized flower designed bird bath. It will be set amid a landscaped flowery rock garden base and have your choice of song bird perched at the edge of the water in the bowl of the bath. Supplies: Basic tool kit.

Cost: $25.00 Class Size: minimum 4, maximum 12

FULL

F. Fish Aquarium, with instructor Pam Paluk

Make a realistic 1” scale fish aquarium with white sand, shells, tropical fish and plants for them to hide in. Supplies: Very sharp, small curved scissors (cuticle scissors) with good points, quick drying glue, tweezers & toothpicks. Also available will be a kit of a black wood aquarium stand with two shelves and accessories which is optional for an additional $7.00.

Cost: $23.00 Class Size: minimum 5, maximum 10

G. Pot of Cone Flowers, with instructor Kimberly Hammer

Create a lovely clay pot of mauve colored coneflowers complete with fuzzy burgundy centers. They’re a perfect addition to any perennial garden. You’ll learn basic flower making techniques as well as the use of various materials for making these delicate flowers. Supplies: Needle-nose tweezers, both a small and large ball stylus, and a computer mouse pad.

Cost: $20.00 Class Size: maximum 12 students

H. Indian in the Cupboard, with instructor Diane Holmes

Reproduced from the movie “Indian in The Cupboard” 2 ½ inches high, 2 inches wide, ½ inch deep. Shelf on each side an a beveled door. Cam be left unfinished or painted white. Supplies: Basic tool kit.

Cost: $35.00 Class Size: minimum 1, maximum 10

Afternoon Classes (1:30 – 4:40 p.m.)

I. Cherry or Maple Entertainment Center, with instructor Connie Reagan

Your mini family will enjoy this lovely addition to the living room or family room! Make this multi-shelved unit with a “plasma” TV, other multimedia components, and accessories in this half-day class. Expect to complete and a box to carry it home in is supplied. Supplies: Basic tool kit, plus “The Ultimate Glue” by Crafter’s Pick (available at Michael’s), two (2) 1” foam brushes, squaring jig if you have one (optional), cutting mat, and scissors for cutting paper.

Cost: $40.00 Class Size: minimum 4, no maximum number of students

J. Hedge Shears & Bush Cutter, with instructor Pete Boorum

Continuing a garden theme from last year’s class, make the tools to keep up with the yard works. We’ll use a jeweler’s saw to shape the parts in metal. Supplies: Jeweler’s saw if you have one, needle files would also be helpful, but there will be “loaners” of all tools.

K. Stool with Woven Twill Seat, with instructor Pam Boorum

We’ll weave a twill patterned seat right on the pre-finished stool. Relaxing, but a little more challenging than you might think… Supplies: No tools needed.

L. Rainy Day Games, with instructor Amy Robinson

Students will make a Backgammon Game in mid-play and a Cribbage Board, Pegs and Playing Cards in mid-play to add a rainy day game touch to your study, children’s room or family room. Supplies: Basic tool kit.

Cost: $25.00 Class Size: minimum 4, maximum 12 students

M. Hollyhocks for your Garden, with instructor Kimberley Hammer

FULL

Learn to make hollyhocks in your choice of colors. They’re very realistic looking, especially with the addition of a couple of unopened buds. They will look great alone, in a simple vase provided for you, or decide to “plant” them in your garden. Basic flower making skills and painting tips will be taught. Supplies: Needle-nose tweezers, both a small and large ball stylus, computer mouse pad, and small scissors.

Cost: $20.00 Class Size: maximum 12 students

N. Indian in the Cupboard, with instructor Diane Holmes

Reproduced from the movie “Indian in The Cupboard” 2 ½ inches high, 2 inches wide, ½ inch deep. Shelf on each side an a beveled door. Cam be left unfinished or painted white. Supplies: Basic tool kit.

Cost: $35.00 Class Size: minimum 1, maximum 10

O. Round Table Kits, with instructor Joanne Kelsall

Have fun making one or more of an assortment of kits ranging in price from $10.00 to $4.00 each.

P. Real leather briefcase, with instructor Jean Scribner

Send your mini business person out in style with a real leather briefcase. Supplies: Basic tool kit.

Cost: $18.00 Class Size: minimum 1

I thought long and hard about this and I have to say that I am not going to go to the Worcester Mass show.

I need a camera and if I go to the show..I will have to wait even longer for one. So you all have fun and take lots of pictures!

I will be up for the next one for sure..

Wow! I used to live in Worcester and they never had minis back then! I worked in Worcester and lived in Westminster before I moved to California in 1990. But I never even saw anything in the way of minis then. How cool is that?! But the price of the event would have thrown me off....sigh...... I don't think I'll be going either! Why don't we just go to Heidi's house and play with her minis all day! I would love that!