The Whitehouse in miniature

nuttiwebgal

I went to get my gran for the holidays and as part of the trip we stopped at the Truman Library and visited the Whitehouse in Miniature!

WOWzers is all I can say!

that thing is huge. and all the little things in it are soooooooooo kewl.

3 working TV's and flickering candles and fireplaces

smoking chimney. 2 turning Christmas trees and fiber optics.

absolutely a must see for anyone. the kids were like

MIniature!!! this thing is huge!

60ft long and over 4 ft tall.

it is simply wonderful.

in the gift shop they offered a book or video.

I bought the book and it has so many kewl facts and photos.

after it calms down around here I will share some of them with you.

all I can say if you get the oppurtunity to see this...you should!

my next trip to KC will take me to the KC toy musem for a tour of their miniatures.

and maybe even a side trip to a dollhouse shop.

that will be on monday....keep watching for this thread for my sharrings!

nutti :)

Nutti, I saw the White House in mini years ago at the Science Museum here in Richmond, when I was about 13-maybe 15?? It was simply remarkable. You can get a book on this model and also visit the couple's studio where the model was built and is retouched up from time to time. Molly Cromwell conducts this as a tour at her Sarasota? or it might be the Florida shows, when people go to the Naples museum. Can't remember which at the moment. I've seen it, and wish it would visit again.

Nutti, that's just so cool that you got to stop and see the Whitehouse. I'd love to see it in person some day. I can't wait for the further reports about all the details on it.

Deb

I saw the White House when it was here at the Richard Nixon Library. I was in awe of the workmanship in small, fine details. The duplication was so accurate. The desks with computers, the working TVs, the magazines and books, the East Room flooring, the First Ladies dressing room, the formal dining room...well, just everything. When I heard they were closing down to move to the Truman, I had to go one more time. (Who knows when you will be able to see something like this again?) I wish I had not been so cheap, I would love to own that book too!

I wish I had not been so cheap, I would love to own that book too!

I know exactly what you mean...but as it is something I will probably never see again I treated myself. Merry Christmas Nutti ;)

I almost bought the video but the book was just 3 dollars more and you can see what is in it as apposed not knowing what is on the video.

the whole thing was amazing!

now Dh wants to go back up and see it for himself. I do hope we get to go again.

it will be at the Truman Library til July.

nutti :D

How awesome Nutti! I hope I get a chance to see that house one day!

Good for you for treating yourself to the book! :D When Brian and I went to England I bought all sorts of books and I love them! There are a few I didn't get and I still kick myself for it! Oh well, I'll get them next time!! ;)