help needed, please!

redneck princess

I am hoping someone can help me. The roof fit well in dry fit, but once I primed and painted the underside (for the ceiling) and stained the upper portion, I can't get the roof to fit right. I tried fitting and glueing, and it pulled up on one side, I think I warped the wood :yes: Is there any way to fix this? And in the future, should I prime/paint, etc. after it is put together. I know I am building an older kit, so probably more problems with older wood...sorry so random, but I'm not sure what to do. :p

Bathtub caulk will work well too...and I really love the grout that comes in small diameter rolls as you can just press them in with your fingers and it fills gaps nicely. I also stucco my ceilings - especially the attic ceilings which fills in those gaps too. If I put the "studs" on the ceiling I stucco carefully between them and then cover the stucco with "insulation" made from long strips of dryer lint. I have this pink robe that I love to wash and it has lovely pink lint that resembles the Pink Panther type of ceiling insulation....very realistic!

Wolfie

I have a question.

When you put the one side down, and the other side is warped up, does the piece have any give to place it on the other side? I dont mean like force it and maybe break it but if you can coax it over to the other side, clamp or tape it down until the glue dries. Then fill it in like others have said with caulking or spackle. You will never know...you can hide any mistake!

I had the same problem with my left wall. It was warped and i didn't really realize it until I went to glue it and it didn't match up. I have quite a bit of a gap on the side of the house now, but I'm building it up with spackle. I put on a layer, let it dry, add another, until it's all filled in and sand it smooth. Spackle's a good thing!!