Left OVER Turkey Recipes ANYONE??

Lyn

Well seeing I have alot of left over TRUKEY I know Iam not alone here ;) . I was wondering if anyone has any GOOD Turkey recipes besides the usual Turkey soup and Turkey Pot pie. Please NOTE I also just got a brand new piece of stone ware that is a Deep Dish and Iam itching to USE it :p Please post any Turkey recipe you can find.

Lyn :blink:

I make turkey tetrazinni by browning chopped onion & garlic & making a roux, tossing in the shredded leftover turkey and gravy and covering it to simmer while I cook the pasta.

Another nice use for turkey leftovers is pilau.

Another enterprising way to use the white meat left over is to get party size rye bread, and either cheddar, provolone, or mozzarella cheese, whichever you prefer. Put the turkey (shred the meat in little pieces--this is supposed to be an hor d'ouevre) then put some your favorite kind of shredded cheese on top, pop your sheet of little sandwiches in the oven, and bake until toasted at about 300, for between 5-10 minutes. I do this using pepperoni, but really any meat will work, such as sausage, hamburger, chicken, etc. Even tuna!

Another idea is to take your turkey meat, pull it apart, and use on homemade pizza with bacon and heavy cheese, or broccoli and veggies!

Take the giblets, make a turkey gravy, and mix with grits, or hominy. This would take the place of ham gravy, and be lighter than a red eye gravy. Also would probably be good over biscuits, using the turkey and turkey gravy.

Another thing to use the bones for flavoring your peas, or butterbeans, instead of using a hambone. Many people dislike eating pork, or even the taste of it, so turkey adds a wonderful flavor to this.

You could also chop up the turkey and make a fixing to go over mashed potatoes, or a stuffed potato, using turkey instead of bacon bits. This would also work on a cold salad, such as maccaroni salad, or on a nice salad of romaine lettuce, grilling the turkey after it is marinated in Italian dressing.

:p Hope my ideas help! Can you tell I USED to like to cook? Now I don't really have time......... ;)