Since I had to replace all of the posts, I had to re-imagine the gingerbread assembly. The original posts had a dado that the gingerbread piece fit into, but I wasn't about to attempt that with the new posts! I am not that skilled! LOL Instead, I cut pieces of square strip wood to fit in between each set of posts, then glued a long flat piece of strip wood across the top of the 2 assembly sets. This gave the whole unit strength.
The gingerbread arches were then glued to the front edge of the square strips. I took some pieces of the old wood trim and created little pointed stakes and painted them blue. I glued them over the gap on the posts where the two gingerbread pieces didn't quite meet.
From the album:
RGT Ellwanger House/North Park reno· 67 images
- 67 images
- 0 comments
- 141 image comments
- Taken with Canon Canon EOS REBEL T5
- Focal Length 28 mm
- Exposure Time 1/40
- f Aperture f/4.0
- ISO Speed 250
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.