Inserting Photos

stantilda

How do you insert photos into a post? I know that they have to be re-sized. I have done this. When I click the little picture that says "insert image" it asks for a url link. Do the photos have to also be on a web site? I cannot copy and paste them either.

I'll try.

If you are posting pictures that are posted on a website such as our Member's Gallery or a photo-sharing site such as Webshots, you can right-click on the picture and the dropdown menus' last selection, "Properties", will give you a window with the url in it, which you would then copy, and paste into the window you get when you click the image icon.

If you want to post an image from your personal files such as "My Pictures" you click on the "Browse" button below the dialog box where you're writing your post, and your personal picture files will come up. When you select one the jpg. or whatever acceptable file name will appear in the little window below the picture; if it's the one you want, click "OK" and that jpg. number will appear in the box next to "Browse". Click the "Upload" button and wait for it to load. In the box where it says "Manage Current Attachments" the jpg. number will appear along with a "+" sign & a "-" sign; click the "+" sign to add your picture to the text.

As with the image icon method, click the place in the text where you want the image to appear.