My mothers house

Hallowell

The first house I built was nearly 30 years ago for my mother, growing up in a mill family with 9 other sisters and brothers she was unable to have a dollhouse of her own. So one day I decided to just give building a dollhouse a try. At the time I was into model railroading and thought it would be fun to build something in a much larger scale. So I built her a large victirian from scratch from a plan I found in a hobby shop. She never did get to decorate the house and it sat in her cellar for maybe 25 years until she gave it back to me a few years ago. It is now almost finished and it can be seen in my gallery as the Maine Seaside Farmhouse. :w00t:

Wow, you made it from scratch!! That is such a beautiful house. It is too bad your mother didn't get to decorate it. I guess making the gift really is what got you hooked on dollhouses. You do wonderful work, Greg!! Thanks for sharing the story.

Thanks for sharing your story with us Greg. I'm sorry your mother got to decorate the house, but you have done a marvelous job on it (as well as all your other houses).