My First Dollhouse Project *ever*

My first dollhouse project ever was when I was about 10; my mom had built me a 4 story victorian dollhouse for Christmas (and stocked it full of furniture and goodies - a little girl's dream!), but she had left the top floor completely bare and blank, telling me that it would be my project to design it. I remember driving out to the dollhouse supply store with her and picking out some velvety red carpet, some trim, and red wallpaper with golden designs (yeah...not the prettiest stuff! I was 10 :-D ). We spent the weekend cutting it out, my mom showing me what glue to use to put it up, how to use the exacto knife, how to size it correctly... She also helped me use the rest of the wiring kit to put in the foundation for hooking up a chandelier in one of the rooms. Because of course, a victorian house needs scads of chandeliers!

We also got a little of that fimo clay and a booklet about making miniature foods/dishes. I didn't quite have the expertise yet to make anything elaborate, but I did make some very nice loaves of bread :)

I spent alot of time decorating and redecorating that top floor, adding in all sorts of bits and pieces. I moved on later to making a foam-based garden for the house, but that's how my miniaturing began ! :-D

I still have the house in storage; I should go there and take pictures of my childhood handiwork ^.^

I still have the house in storage; I should go there and take pictures of my childhood handiwork
You certainly should, and decide if/what you want to remodel and what other things you want to make for it. Which house iis it, or did your mom make it from scratch?

BTW, when you mention anything about pictures it's considered teasing until you produce them. Part of the overall mini addiction is to the eye candy, and we have our own eye candy police we'll send after you! :lol: