Orphan Annie's???

juliet

Does anyone know anything about this house or the manufacturer?

I think it's so beautiful but since the shipping will be 320 dollars (!!!) since it's huge and has to be sent in two boxes I'm thinking maybe not...

Since I really shouldn't, someone else has to buy and love it!!!!

In a weird coincidence, a finished one was recently on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beautiful-HUGE-Wood-Do...1QQcmdZViewItem

The seller doesn't identify the house, but it's clearly the same floor plan.

Otherwise, I know nothing, though the Little Orphan Annie theme suggests it was produced between 1977 and 1983, to capitalize on the popularity of the musical Annie.

Edited to add: Googling my own old postings brings up the facts that:

• S/W Crafts was based in Illinois
  • They also made a "Victorian stucco cottage," a country house, and a big Colonial with an off-center peak
  • The Colonial dates from 1980, so we're definitely in that ballpark on the age of the LOA kit

Their instruction sheets look just like the sheets for some of my old American Craft Products kits. ACP was also in Illinois. According to their business registrations, the two companies were never the same, but I'm wondering if one sold plans to the other at some point in the mid- to late-1980s.

That seems awful high for shipping - how much does the house weigh? That price just seems far too high to me, even for two different boxes.

That shipping cost is to Sweden, and since the fairfield kit I just ordered was 168 for shipping :giggle: , I don't think it's unlikely.

Anyhow, if I had the luck of being in america and only had to pay 75.95 for shipping I'd buy it without a thought, I don't know why I got so smitten with the house!

Calamari; seems like we have some private detective material in this forum. :whistle: