Siding the house

amos

Hi Diane,

You could do it either way. If you are good with an exacto I think it looks better to add the windows and door first then side. I would pre cut the siding before both. This way it's easier to do around windows.

Good Luck!

Sarah

On the first house I ever used siding on, the Westville, I put the trim on over the siding and then the "gingerbread" didn't fit & I had to perform surgery on it. It's one of those things that you do whatever works for you that looks good.

I just sided my first house-- a Garfield--- have completed almost all of it, except part of second story. After much debate, my husband and I decided it looked better to side first, then add windows and trim. So far it looks great. I can't image with all the trim that I could have done it otherwise. I think you should play with it.... the only problem I've encountered is that I purchased the working windows and they don't slide in all the way with the added width of the siding. But I'm working on that and still think we made the right decision.

--debra