gossip, and 40% and 50% off at AC Moore

newt

there are coupons for 40% off a regular priced item, and there is an IN store coupon for 50% off a regular priced item.

picked up some items i'd been hankering for, and two stair kits.

the manager told me that the stores are going to discontinue a line of kits b/c they got "too many complaints about missing and damaged parts." she wasn't sure whether it was quick build, but she thought they would be keeping the RGT items.

so .... i'm wondering whether there might be an opportunity for Greenleaf?

Sorry, i will try to do better. the Gossip is this:

the RGT kits are staying, so far as i know.

the manager and i had a nice chat abt what they stock, since i'd asked when ??? they would be getting in some more supplies. i asked abt additional types of kits and minis and whether they ever carried such things.

the lady told me that at a management meeting, the staff were told that the stores are going to stop having some kits that they now stock. she said RGT is staying. there is some OTHER manufacturer whose kits the stores will be dropping. she said she wasn't sure which other one it is, but she was sure it was not RGT.

FWIW, i'm guessing it is the Houseworks street of shops kits, or the Houseworks roombox kits.

the manager promptly did an inventory check and got a bunch of things restocked, and called me when they came in. great customer service!

My two cents thinks it would be the Quickbuild kits that go bye-bye...I've looked at them a lot in my A.C. Moore, and really, they don't look that great. The boxes are ALL beat to heck and the display models look cheap and shoddy.....Maybe that's just what got sent to the store in Bangor, but who knows :)

On the bright side, my AC Moore already has some Greenleaf kits....specifically the Orchid, the Buttercup and the Primrose...they had one Arthur a few weeks back as well. I got an Orchid for $17 with the last 50% coupon, and Eric doesn't even know about it yet :) Don't think he needs to know, either :wave: