Duracraft the Columbian CB150

RobinS

I didn't even think of them being that! They aren't listed on the schemetics at all. Shingles it shows as being squares, well there are none in the box, so I know now that she had opened it, there is paint on one of the boards, and I believe some of the universal trim is missing as well. :thumb:

Hi Roberta,

I have recently built a Columbian CB 150. Every piece of mine came out of the box warped. But chin up! This can be conquered. It is now finished (except for shingles I ran out of and had to find more) sitting straight and true. I left the pieces in the sheets because then I could weigh each sheet down by the edges of the sheet instead of the edges of each piece. I primed each sheet on both sides at the same time and laid them on soup cans for support with more cans on top of each can to weigh down. If you prime in the sheets, be careful not to fill in the cutting lines so much that it is hard to see them to take apart.

(Don't prime any pieces you intend to stain.)

There are a lot of long narrow trim boards with this house. My shingles were in loose pieces in plastic bags.

I can't see your pictures very well, but I am very familiar with this house. I built it for my Christmas house just this winter. Study the picture of the house and you'll see where these go, mostly on the outside walls. Mine came complete with no siding or flooring provided.

Tell yourself---This will be fun, and don't let the warping discourage you. Had a few problems, But I found ways to make it work. You will win!! I will help any way I can. Ask any time.

Happy house!

Nancy

I believe the strips in your picture is the universal trim. It is used to make window and door trim and to cover slots on outside when the house is finished.

Cut carefully so to have enough long strips where needed. Same with finish edge pieces on back edges of house. (How would I know that?)

I'll post again. Have Fun!!

Nancy