Ok... wallpaper when the window frames are already installed

Karen99

My dear and patient friends,

So...this old Harriosn has the window trims installed. Nothing on the interior was painted. I have primed and painted and now I would like to install the wallpaper. BUT. The trim is installed... I tried cutting a template from card stock but it was a bit too thick to cut well.

I have found some paper that is not as thin as regular printer paper., so I will try again to cut templates... Also nothing is square lol. I am at the point of just considering sacrificing some wallpaper...i would like everything to be as "crisp" as possible...

Has anyone installed wallpaper after the window trim is in?

Thank you my friends!

Hi Everyone,

I spent a lot of time perusing the web last night about this topic, after unsuccessfully trying to cut a template from card stock. (Too thick)

BUT. I found a link right here on this forum from this time last year. From me! Obviously I was naive enough to think I would be doing wallpaper by then lol!

I found some excellent suggestions, especially one from @KathieB, that I will try this afternoon!

I so hope @KathieB's "pieced template" method works for me. I will let you know. I was lucky enough to find some paper that is heavier than standard copy paper, but not too heavy to cut through for the template.

@havanaholly I don't think I can pry off the window trim. I don't know how many years this house has been glued together , or what kind of glue was used. But, I will also try making very slim sides for the window frames out of cardstock, painted with the same color as the front to the window trim, to create a neater look.

I will not glue the windows back into the house until the walls and floor are done. It is a big help getting into the house through the windows.

Thanks again to everyone. I hope to have pix to post soon.

Scotch tape is your friend when making a wallpapering template for the bay.  If you cut your paper into sections to fit around the window trims and tape them together you have a pattern to trace around onto a piece of plain paper that you can then lay in place over your windows to see if it  fits; if so, you can use it on your piece of wallpaper.