Windows or Wallpaper First?

Karen99

Hello my friends, 

I took a dollhouse hiatus in August...but now it's September. I am back at work on the Harrison.

I wanted to get busy finishing the kitchen, BUT. I realized that I should probably paint that side of the house first, and replace those windows.. This is a rehab. Yes I know I am nuts.

So is my Intuition correct? Complete the exterior on the kitchen side before wallpapering the kitchen?

And...can anyone recommend a reputable dollhouse wallpaper brand?

Thank you all!

IMG_8222.jpeg

IMG_8224.jpeg

Will do Holly! Thanks!

I am going to finish the edges of the windows, which the original assembler didn't paint, before I do any further steps. Then, I will do the wallpaper and add the trims that the original guy didn't already install.IMG_8221.thumb.jpeg.8dc11af6eff92db4b5b6297aea6ae113.jpeg

On 9/8/2024 at 6:03 PM, Karen99 said:

can anyone recommend a reputable dollhouse wallpaper brand?

Somebody was talking about faded wallpaper the other day, and a few people came back with more information on better places to find wallpaper...I forget what the post was exactly but that's the best I got! 

I haven't ever used commercially produced miniature wallpaper. I usually use scrapbooking paper. It is less expensive and a good weight, doesn't buckle when pasted, and I have had good luck finding the colors and patterns i have wanted. 

Just an idea...

Dover Publications used to publish a couple of different books of dollhouse wallpapers that I have used.  Like Lee, I also use scrapbook papers.  Occasionally I'll run across remnants of 1:1 wallpapers in thrift stores with patterns small enough to use in 1:12.  I like to use some of the 1:1 borders for accents:

56d51c1440c68-parlor1.JPG 56d51bfb1e535-1kitchen.JPG finished interior:  livingroom the finished interior:  the kitchen