Carpets / Rugs

jaxenro

So I wasnt happy with what I had found for rugs/carpets so far as I need some that are at least 36" long for the center section store and I wanted some nice round ones for under the tables. Also I wanted some neoclassical as well as traditional persian designs. So I am experimenting with some printed on velvet designs backed by cotton cross stich fabric

If they come out ok am thinking of a carpet store selling high end carpets. 

this first is a neoclassical design that will be 36" long

GEfaJgJ.jpeg

Some round Turkish designs

SWitFIg.jpeg

variations on a theme - three different shapes of the same design

imc1fhi.jpeg

Edited by jaxenro

here is the full tutorial probably a little overkill both with how I do it and the tutorial but enjoy

I had my designs printed on Celosia Velvet from here after uploading my design

https://www.spoonflower.com/artists/designs/new

I used the following fabric as a backing (I have a nice red one to back the red rugs above)

lwCimVJ.jpeg

first I soaked it really hot water and then put it in a 10" hoop pulling all the wrinkles out. After it dried thoroughly (and shrunk tighter) I gave it a thin coat all over of this glue using  foam brush and let it dry again. You can tell it is fully dry when the shine goes away

Gxr6YqQ.jpeg

FFKEgbq.jpeg

then I gave it another coat of glue and pressed the cut out carpet in place and let it dry again

xNy3Fcs.jpeg

all thats left is a pair of sharp scissors (I bought a new pair just for this) and to cut it out

mtUGul7.jpeg

and this is how it will eventually look thru the front bay window. I have plans for the shelf unit and floor but those are different threads

gZ4LEza.jpeg

Edited by jaxenro
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2024 at 10:29 AM, jaxenro said:

here is the full tutorial probably a little overkill both with how I do it and the tutorial but enjoy

I had my designs printed on Celosia Velvet from here after uploading my design

https://www.spoonflower.com/artists/designs/new

I used the following fabric as a backing (I have a nice red one to back the red rugs above)

lwCimVJ.jpeg

first I soaked it really hot water and then put it in a 10" hoop pulling all the wrinkles out. After it dried thoroughly (and shrunk tighter) I gave it a thin coat all over of this glue using  foam brush and let it dry again. You can tell it is fully dry when the shine goes away

Gxr6YqQ.jpeg

FFKEgbq.jpeg

then I gave it another coat of glue and pressed the cut out carpet in place and let it dry again

xNy3Fcs.jpeg

all thats left is a pair of sharp scissors (I bought a new pair just for this) and to cut it out

mtUGul7.jpeg

and this is how it will eventually look thru the front bay window. I have plans for the shelf unit and floor but those are different threads

gZ4LEza.jpeg

JAW. DROPPED. WOW.