Door fit on Laurel

I'm  coming along nicely on my Laurel dollhouse however I'm having trouble with the front and side doors.  The assembled doors are slightly bigger than the openings in the frame of the house.

Should I trim or sand the doors evenly on all 4 sides to make the fit or is there a better way that I'm not thinking of?

Edited by Wayne P

Are you using working doors like Houseworks?  I did that for the kitchen in my Coventry Cottage, and I trimmed the opening to fit the dimensions of the door, and I used poster board to shim the door frame, since it was made to fit wood thicker than 1/8".  IMO it's a lot simpler to enlarge the opening that to try to reduce the door to fit.

Actually it's how I figured out making pin-hinged working doors from scratch.

I find this problem with all of the original doors on Greenleaf houses.  I'm not sure why.  The only solution I have found is to keep sanding until they fit or replace them with other doors.

I'm using the doors that are part of the Laurel kit. 

What I finally decided to try was laying a flat file on my workbench and rubbing the edges of the door on the file on all sides until the door was able to fit into the door frame in the dollhouse walls.  Seemed easier than trying to saw such a small bit of material and I could remove equal amounts from all sides to keep the door looking centered. 

I have had luck gently shaaving the openings to the desired dimensions using my utility knife aaand lots of nice, fresh SHARP!  blades.