1920 Marshall Field's Window - Chicago

Gia-b

Hello, I'm trying to find the worth of a doll house my father purchased for my mother in the early 80's. The paperwork says It was in the window of Marshall Field's (Chicago) in 1920. It was made specifically for a set of twins. We have all of the original furniture and I believe the lights still work. It was a "one of a kind" at the time because most doll houses only had 2 open sides (front and one side), this one has both sides open because it was a special build for a set of twins. Anyway, we are looking for a dealer to tell us its worth. I'm not sure if we are looking to sell it just yet. Mom still loves it. I do not have a photo of it right now, but I know we have a video of it somewhere. I will try to find it.

c.gifirca: 1925

h.gifistory: Custom made for "Marshall Field & Company" by a skilled craftsman in 1925 for a private family in Wisconsin with two girls. It is an original one of a kind piece.

d.gifimensions: Total Height: 3' 4.5" / Width: 3' 1" / Depth: 2' 3"

hr.jpg

a.gifll of these furniture pieces were acquired with the dollhouse when we originally bought it back in 1976. Many of the pieces are handmade and are original pieces from when the dollhouse was crafted.

FRONT BEDROOM, MASTER-SECOND FLOOR
1 comb and brush, 1 White vanity table and chair, 1 white rocker, 1 upholstered chair, , 1 White Bed, complete with lace spread, 1 Oval plush rug, Blue color, 2 small and 1 large Silhouettes, 1 mirror.

NURSERY
1 Blue rocker, 1Blue Potty chair, 1 folding chair, 1 Toy car, 1 Painting, 1 Toy china Doll house, 1 toy ship, 1 Doll buggy, 1 Dresser, blue, 1 Baby crib, 1 rug.

BATHROOM-SECOND FLOOR
1 Bathtub, 1 Toilet closet, 1 Sink, 1 Vanity table with bench, 1 pin-up lamp, 1 Rug, 1 Hand mirror.

SECOND FLOOR-HALLWAY
1 Grandfather clock, 1 painting, silhouette, 1 Hall rug.

SECOND FLOOR BEDROOM-BACK
1 picture-2 books, 1 red, 1yellow, 1 bed side lamp, 1 Bedroom vanity table and chair, 1 rocker, 1 upholstered chair, 1 Bed, complete with bed spread, 1 rug.

LIVING ROOM
1 Ornate plant and stand, 1 Fireplace clock, 1 Round table, 1 book, 1 Brass Statue, 1 Grand Piano and bench, 1 Vase, 2 end tables, 1 table lamp, 1 Desk , 1 Hurricane lamp, 1 Picture, gold frame, 1 Silver candelabra, 1 Eureka rug sweeper-vacuum type, 1 Couch, 1 Love seat, 1 Round rug and 1 large rug..

DINING ROOM
1 Corner shelf, 1 Table, drop leaf, 2 Chairs, 1 silver bowl, 1 China cabinet, pewter dishes.

KITCHEN
1 White table, 2 White Chairs, 1 Platter, turkey, 1 pitcher and sugar bowl, 1 White sink, 1 pail, 1 Drinking cup, 1 White refrigerator ( GE model), 1 stove, 1 tea kettle.

DOWNSTAIRS HALL-WAY
1 telephone table, 1 telephone chair, 1 Small rug.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg