Getting (especially small) pieces out

How do you remove small pieces or stubborn pieces from their sheet?  It seems some are not punched through all the way, or even halfway, so do you use exacto knife or … ?

Posted (edited)

Yes. An exacto or similar knife. I have one I got from Harbor Freight that's about a half an inch wide and it has little blades on it that you can snap off as they dull. I'm not sure what it's called but it works nicely too. I have an old kitchen knife with a comfortable handle I use sometimes. I also have my dad's old woodworking tools with some nice sharp punches. I've been known to use an ice pick here and there. The tool of choice depends on the size of what I'm trying to get out and how much frustration I am willing to deal with too.🤣 Just remember to go easy and be careful. That's probably the best advice no matter the tool you use, slow and steady. Multiple passes over same cut a little deeper each time works well too. 

Edited by FurMama
Clarity
  • Like 1

Stanley box-cutter with retractable blade and stores extra blades in the handle. Comfy grip.  Don't bear down; several passes will cut through.

• 2 weeks later...

And WATCH WHATS UNDER IT - from, a woman who was a teen who did not do that on various projects and scored up her working surface quite nicely 

5 hours ago, MamaV said:

And WATCH WHATS UNDER IT - from, a woman who was a teen who did not do that on various projects and scored up her working surface quite nicely 

Self-healing cutting mats are available at Jo-Ann's

10 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Self-healing cutting mats are available at Jo-Ann's

And at dollar tree if you're okay with small ones!